wierd sound developing after 2months of being lowered

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by 604Lancer, Oct 14, 2008.

1. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

Sweet, Lets try to get to the bottom of this!! So you're saying that the noise is coming from the rear of the car???

2. 604Lancer

604Lancer Active Member

interesting... i'm sure what i am talking about is coming from the front though. i guess another issue to add onto the long list of problems with our cars :roll: :x

thanks for the heads up,please keep us updated on this problem, i don't think mine has it yet so i would like to prevent it.

3. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

Keep me posted man. I notice thing everytime I take a sharp, slow turn :(

4. 08Lancer89

08Lancer89 Well-Known Member

Let me know what you find

5. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

thats what happened to me (turn the radio down and youll hear it on almost all medium to big sized bumps

ask your dealer to call Boisvert mitsubishi Blainville and ask about the unwelded trunk panel case of Mario Coursol (ask for Maxime Losier, he is the co owner of the place , in charge of the garage and rally program and he got ahold of my case)
    phone number is 450-419-4929

6. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

the rear wheel well? my sound is definatly comming from the front.

7. 604Lancer

604Lancer Active Member

ditto!

i said i'd have an update this week but i don't have one yet, my mechanic works at a Mitsu service dept during the day and a tuner shop at night. so the only time he can look at it is when he's at the night place. currently he's working on a engine swap so he's too tied up at the moment to look at my car. but he did promise me he'd schedule me in next week, latest beginning of the week after. sorry guys will try to have some kind of answer posted asap.

8. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

I'm dropping off my car for servicing this Saturday (8th) and I've asked the dealership to inspect it, since they did install the springs afterall. So lets hope they can figure something out. Fingers crossed!

9. 604Lancer

604Lancer Active Member

my fingers are also crossed too! :)

10. sunstealth

oh yeah front end noise, ask for your top mount to be inspected (in dept) the bearing in them like to take a crap on me, i dont see why it would be different for anyone else. as i went trough both side top plates in less than 7k kilometers due to destroyed bearings and i think my pass side one is getting back to be craping on me again!

11. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

I gotta make another appt this week for the dealership to check it out. They said they didnt have time on Saturday's :(

Will keep you guys posted.

12. 604Lancer

604Lancer Active Member

def do that, thanx!

13. sunstealth

dealer opened on saturday thts new to me the part and service department over here close at noon on friday!

14. 604Lancer

604Lancer Active Member

sorry for the late update boys and girls, well got confirmation that it is indeed the upper strut mount plate,nothing to do with the CV joint as some have suggested(well in my case at least).the only temp fix he came up with was to grease it up real good. for now the noise is gone but i'm pretty sure once the grease is gone it'll come back. he says the only thing he can think of that can help would be if a company came out with pillow ball mounts for our cars to replace the factory ones. i'll keep everyone posted on how long this temp fix lasts.

15. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

i have this exact same problem with RRM V2 springs...