who would be interested in a hyper ground kit?

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by lancer2quick, May 7, 2009.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Good deal...maybe it will help your problem for good. Only time will tell.

2. lancer2quick

OK guys...Got the 8gen kit installed today. Here are some pics of the locations and a suggestion on routing the wires...

Started off with the alternator ground point and ran to the throttle body along the front radiator support. (10mm)
    [​IMG]

the other end of the wire was attached to the left throttle body bolt.(10mm) Attach second longest wire to the right throttle body bolt, route under radiator hose, then to the neg. battery terminal...(10mm)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's it for the front section...

for the rear, start with the bolt holding the lift plate to the block...(12mm)
    [​IMG]

Route the cable from the block to the factory ground point on the trans. (didn't get a pic of it...but its also a 12mm, sorry)
    [​IMG]
    From the trans, run wire to the bracket holding the ECU (12mm..either bolt will work)
    Then attach to neg. battery terminal...(10mm)
    [​IMG]

After securing all bolts, check wires for clearance. We tied up the longest wire to the radiator support to keep it off the radiator. That's it...easy install .

3. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

thanks again.

4. geaux 4 breauxk

geaux 4 breauxk Well-Known Member

Ohh this makes my head hurt.

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, funny. I don't have a plastic intake. I don't have a plastic throttle body housing.....

6. lancer2quick

Ok guys, I'm going to get all the materials I need to get these done without having to buy more in-between. The blue kit is a no-go. The guy I get my wire from wants waaayy too much per foot. Its just going to be red and black kits for now. When I get all the stuff, ill post in the for sale thread...and to those that already want one, ill pm all my info and get yours as well. Thanks guys

Jamie