The $6.00 Front Blackout, That is also REVERSIBLE!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by matchstick, Apr 26, 2009.

1. peter52389

peter52389 Active Member

Plasi- Dip wok great for me will upload a picture later today!

2. peter52389

peter52389 Active Member

Plasi- Dip wok great for me will upload a picture later today!

3. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to paint the chrom rail on the outside of the window?
    How do I remove this parts??

4. peter52389

peter52389 Active Member

well here it is

this is by far one of the best looking options, and cheapest for sure

[​IMG]

5. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

thts clean i wish i cood have the patience to paint the red logo lol good work@!

6. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

so how is this holding up to car washes, and getting bugs off it?

7. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I removed my grille, painted it, and reinstalled it in about 2.5 hours (rush to get to drag strip lol) and I was able to pick out all the grass and stuff that got stuck in the paint on the way home so I imagine it cleans pretty easy.

8. peter52389

peter52389 Active Member

Amazing actually! Its like vynl when dry. Easy on easy off!

9. xXBrutalXx

then guess what im doing this weekend! besides installing my system? rock on lol

10. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Haha do it dude. Just make sure to post pics! :lol:

11. xXBrutalXx

i got teh vinylz on there now, but i still got the chrome grill witch i could do without :evil:

12. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Chrome grill = only flaw in the car. If I had the Ralliart chrome around the entire grill I'd be happy but I don't :(

13. peter52389

peter52389 Active Member

paint the grill lie i did Plasti dip all the way an if you don't like it it peals off it is honestly 7$ and so worth the time, i hate chrome, problem solved!

14. xXBrutalXx

so how do you get the grill out? or should i just mask it off in the car?

15. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

It's actually really easy. Pop off your radiator cover. There are about 5-6 caps you can get off with a flathead screwdriver. Just pop the inner circle up then pull them out with your hands. Then take off the 2 phillips head screws on your snorkel. Take off the cover and put it aside. Then there are 5 screws holding on the chrome grille with mesh included. Take off the 2 outermost screws on either side then the one in the middle. After getting those out carefully remove the tabs (they'll break if you bend them too much). There should be 4 or 5 tabs and you just pull the grille out of the front. After you get the entire grille out take out the remaining 4 screws to seperate the mesh and the chrome part. Sounds hard but it's really easy. If you need pics i'm sure you can just look around and find something :p

16. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Where did you guys buy it?

17. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

buy it fro, home depot and its really good with washes make sure u put more than 3 coats tho. very simple to use clean the surface and spray

18. xXBrutalXx

it's right at the Depot in the spray paint section

19. xXBrutalXx

thanks man, i was wondering how you got back there. lol i just didn't want to go digging at shit with a screw driver.hahah

20. peter52389

peter52389 Active Member

yeah its an easy removal with a screwdriver and a sam summer hehe good Saturday project can be done in a day easy! I did 5 coats on mine, came out great been through the car wash plenty of times! Works good looks better! Good luck be sure to post some pictures!