Sinestra' suzuka (retired)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Sinestra, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Re: Sinestra Project G2 5/24 New wheels are on

I have 30% all around except the passenger window got broken when some jack ass tried to break into the car. I have not had time to go get it retinted thats why its lighter than the others.

I wont go any darker since MD is now cracking down on tint. They use to leave people alone but so drivers abused their leniency that if they cant see through your windows somewhat they are pulling you over. Basically, the same thing that happen to Joey over at PL so id rather not go through the trouble of being harassed but i would love to go darker.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I don't blame you. That's kind of why I'm keeping my tint where it's at. 20% on the back windshield and 30% on the other 4. Just really don't want to deal with a ticket.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Yay for tinting laws!

4. KillzBugzFast

KillzBugzFast Well-Known Member

looks nice without a spoiler

5. Sinestra

RRM front lip on

Today was front lip install day. Ill be honest RRM front lip is not wroth the trouble unless you really want to do some work to make it look good. You could tell just front the test fit that the mold they used was shyt. Parts of the lip where it should be flush and have no problems fitting had issues. I was irritated right from the start. However anything worth doing takes work. I sanded the corners down a bit to get them right up against the airdams. Its still not perfect i will be buying some resin soon to fill in the gaps and repaint it. but for right now im just happy i have it on. :)

Will take better pics when the car is washed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  6. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

it looks nice, but i bet that cost like $200 right? and you couldve went with the home depot lip for like 20 and it would look similar
    but thats besides the point haha, looks great, keep it up man

7. 1slowlance

I like it. Looks good, and good luck with getting it the way you want it.

8. Sinestra

Thanks guys when it finally stops raining around here i will get started on fixing the gaps they are not too noticeable unless you get right up on it. I have some more plans in the works but so far im happy with the progress of the ride. The front end looks so mean now its ridiculous

9. Sinestra

Took some pics of the car with the lip on over the past 2 days. Im going to do night shots when i get a chance but for now. Let me know what you think everyone. My camera is not that great so some of the pics might not be of the best quality. Getting a new one soon i hope.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sinestra

11. Jogenmaru

Looks really good. Nice and clean. Parking garage pictures ftw! Random yellow Aveo 5. LOL I forgot all about G.Town in Maryland. I haven't been in Maryland since I broke up with my last girlfriend. I think I may go there sometime this year and visit Arundel Mills. Just to bring back some good ol memorys. And Baltimore for the next anime convention. The gaps really aren't noticeable and actually look even all the way around a bit. But I can't see it too well since its black on gray.

12. Sinestra

yea it helps that its black on gray. Me and my local car club Ignitionburn chill up in Arundel Mills all the time. You should come to the track with Ignitionburn on a friday night its pretty cool chilling with all the cars.

13. Sinestra

Well guys i got the install done there were a couple of little problems but they are easily fixed. Im missing rubber hanger piece of the drives side but we make shifted a MB one on to it until i can order one from Mitsu i dont know what happened to it but i will check my parts box. The damage from the Tsudo exhaust is more visible now but only when looking directly at it as you can see from the pictures. That will be taken care of in another month of so with the new rear for the ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damage from the Tsudo N1 OUCH!!! you get what you pay for.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over all i love the look no coffee can exhaust a low profile look and excellent quality which you would expect of Borla plus they gave me a free hat :headbang2:. I took a short video with my phone but honestly it just does not do it justice. I drove around for a bit and the tone is perfect its a low growl at idle and a very low tone when driving normally but when you get on gas it sounds like beast yet still not to loud. Im sure it would sound even better on MT and not a CVT that long drone sound just doesnt do an most exhaust justice. Still happy to have it plus not a lot peeps have it since everyone went with Greddy mainly.

I will take so better pics and a better video out on the road with the digital camera when i get a chance.

Video
    [media]http://yfrog.com/eapicture005z[/media]

14. Jogenmaru

I need to look into a heat shield for my Lancer. Im afraid of the same thing happening. Woo that's a bad burn. Maybe next time you will learn to wear protection before messing with foreign hook-ups. LOL

15. 1slowlance

New exhaust looks good, but why'd you get such bad bumper burn? Was it touching it or something?

16. Jogenmaru

If you looked at some of the earlier pics you can see where the muffler was actually under the bumper. The exhaust that comes out is pretty hot during extensive use. It looks mostly of exhaust burn and not from the muffler touching it. And Did you paint those calipers yet? If you haven't, I say you do an electric blue.

17. Sinestra

LMAO wrap it before you tap it. Yea man get a heatshield better to have one just encase.

The tsudo has a problem with the factory hanger over time it starts to drop down. So Tsudo said there was fix to reinforce the hanger to keep it from dropping. But it moved it too high to the bumper and i knew it was too close. I moved it down as best i could but when i did it would drop even lower. So i decided to just keep it and get a new exhaust but i waited to too long. Its my own fault but i will be getting a new rear in a month or so im not that worried.

Not yet im really torn what im thinking of doing is painting them black first. Then when i get rear disc brake conversion done painting them blue like the lugs all around. Problem is painting them blue with drums in the back will look terrible.

18. Jogenmaru

That's true but you can always just do the fronts. I always thought that if you have over 150 whp you are supposed to get rear disk brakes. But 8G's make around 140 whp if I'm not mistaken.

19. Sinestra

In terms of all around safety and braking. Brake disc all around are better drums are very out dated. Lot of people i know were so confused when they saw i had drums but this is how mitsu saved money on manufacturing the cars. Id rather have brake disc and pads all around mainly for safety your is just that much better.

20. Jogenmaru

That is true. Where would you source yours from. An evo/ralliart?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.