Sinestra' suzuka (retired)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Sinestra, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Re: Sinestra's progress EVO X license plate bracket 6/11

All the neons are from Street glow including the radio bar.

Also guys im decided not to get a RA im going to buy a house instead its a better investment lol. So look forward to some new mods on my whip. First one waws done yesterday front air dams.

2. DannyDyn0mite

DannyDyn0mite Member

hey thanks for responding man i appreciate it. im new to all this can you explain how it works? i just see a tube at street glow. how does it attach to stuff and does it eventually run out lol

3. Sinestra

No problem man im happy to help.

There are two ways of doing this. The first option is using your 12v cig lighter as a power source just like how you would plug in cell phone or a TomTom. The 2nd way is wiring the neons to your car. Needless to say the 2nd option is a bit harder. Im lazy and didnt feel like wiring them to the car so i use the center console 12v plug to power them. Here is how to do both steps with advantages and disadvantages.

Option 1: Very easy to do doesnt require any wiring but does not look as clean as the 2nd option. Get yourself 2 neons make sure they small enough to fit under the seat 9" ones are good. Also buy yourself a 12V multi tap because the neons from Steetglow come individually. Plug the multi tap into the center console try to angle it so you can have some room. Next place your neons in the desired position under your seat double sided tape on the ends here will keep them in place they will come with screws to bolt them down dont use those yet. Run the under the seats and up the side of the center console as discreetly as possible ( you can hardly see mine) plug them into the mutlitap and your done. What i do is uplug the multitap plug when im not using the neons and plus it in when i want them on. Disadvantage is the center console plug gets power continuously remember to unplug them. You can also do this with the front one but the wires will be more noticeable.

Option 2. Mount the Neons where you want them under the dash on the driver and passenger sides. Remember those screws they come in handy now as you mount them. The advantage to his is the neons come on when you start your car and go off when you turn off the car and you dont have any wires its the a very clean look. The drawback if you dont know what your doing it can be a pain in the ass. Here is a good write up if you want to take this route. I will be wiring them to the car eventually.
    http://forums.projectlancer.net/topic/7022808/1/#new

4. Sinestra

Originally I was not going to put anymore in the car since i wanted to upgrade to RA. With my promotion at work Iv decided to purchase a house instead i feel its a better investment a car will only continue to depreciate. But that means i get to finish the project i originally started.

I have stuff on order but for now here is the start. Its nothing special these are low res shots will take some better ones when the weather clears up.

Front air dams are now on prelude to......... well im sure I dont have tell whats coming.

With these on and the drop im being extra careful when parking they most def do not clear the curb :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Re: Sinestra W.G.G.Progress "Beginnings of a new look"

Lookin' sexy!!

6. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

wow shaun,, like the ride.. we need another va meet! haha

7. Sinestra

By the next VA meet my car will be done for sure.

8. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Hey I'm not sure if you've mentioned this yet but where did you get the HID's from and you have the bypass correct? I'm just looking for a company name because I've got the white city lights from AMG and I would really like to get HID's to match.

9. Sinestra

Evo X sideskirts on the way

10. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I really like the white headlights and yellow fogs. That's why I have been looking at getting an IS300, to me that's the classic white/yellow combination.

11. Sinestra

I need to update the pic i actually was not feeling the yellow fog lights anymore so i decided to change them to white. Eventually im just going to get HID's but the halogens will do for now.

12. 1slowlance

Awwwww. I really like it, but I do like the all white look as well. Either way your car is lookin good.

13. Sinestra

thanks man its been a while since i did any mods so i have been absent as of late but im back and I have some goodies on the way and a couple of things already installed, the Evo X sideskirts from Autocityimports are going to look sick. Once i have everything hooked up i will post pics.

14. 1slowlance

I'm saving up for the next car I get. I plan on getting a project car, like an old Civic or something. So, I don't really do much to my Lancer anymore. :(

15. Sinestra

Once im done paying this off i would have done everything i wanted to the car then i will start considering others.

16. Sinestra

Re: Sinestra Progress "Evo X side skirts painted 12/9

Finished painting the side skirts today they came out very well, I do however want to do one pass on them there is a spot on the drivers side that im not happy with other than that its all good. Next is the mounting im just waiting on the 3M tape i ordered and i have to pick up some screws. Hopefully i will have them mounted before Christmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked up a set of MOMO seat belt pads as well, very comfortable in the ride.
    [​IMG]

I also have the OEM front strut bar on the way which i will also paint once i get it.

17. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Sinestra, just out of curiosity, did you manage to fit these BEFORE painting them? it may sound like a stupid question... But you never know... other than that cant wait to see them on...

18. Sinestra

They actually fit pretty well i sanded down the back end a little but there really was not a lot of work to do to them.

19. Sinestra

sorry about the long wait guys because of the snow and holidays i have not had a chance to get the skirts on next week hopfully when i get back from NY i will have more time.

20. Sinestra

Re: Sinestra Progress Sideskit Pics 1/10/2010

I was finally able to get the skirts and my strut tower bar on. The install went well but was quite difficult it took about 4 hours. It was fun as hell but i can honestly say i would never do it myself again. I wanted to see if i could do it being my first time and it went quite well. I have some adjustments to make but my friends heatgun decided it was going to S*** out on us when we needed it. So i have to pick up another one next week and get rid of two gaps that i have then do some touch up paint and they will be perfect.

The roads are still covered with salt but once things get cleared up a bit i will give the ride a good wash and take another round of pictures but for now im happy.

I was finally able to get the skirts and my strut tower bar on. The install went well but was quite difficult it took about 4 hours. It was fun as hell but i can honestly say i would never do it myself again. I wanted to see if i could do it being my first time and it went quite well. I have some adjustments to make but my friends heatgun decided it was going to S*** out on us when we needed it. So i have to pick up another one next week and get rid of two gaps that i have then do some touch up paint and they will be perfect.

The roads are still covered with salt but once things get cleared up a bit i will give the ride a good wash and take another round of pictures but for now im happy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]