Shark fin antenna...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by lordayne, May 14, 2008.

1. curtellisjr

curtellisjr Well-Known Member

I have actually started getting better reception with mine installed. At first I thought I was getting bad reception from one of my local FM stations, but when I got home, I turned them on in the house and got the same problem. Since that day, that station has worked fine, so it was on their end.

As far as the Sirius, there were places on my daily drive that I had issues with dropping the signal. Hills, trees, overpasses, etc. that now with the Sharkfin installed, I am keeping a signal through the whole ride. The only drop I have had lately was last Friday when I entered a parking garage and it dropped out about 50 feet inside. To be expected, but I had entered that garage with the factory antenna and lost the signal 50 to 100 feet before entering the garage because the entrance is between buildings.

BTW, take your time installing and follow directions to mark the position before removing the 3M tape backing. Find that sweat spot where it fit the curve of the roof and is not touching any of the factory antenna base. I ordered an extra gasket for fear of a gap like others had reported, but if you clean the area well, follow installation instructions and make sure to apply pressure as long or longer than instructions indicate, I have yet to have any gaps like last reported.

Good luck