Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ozrallyredeptx456

ozrallyredeptx456 Active Member

Cuz im in love with the sound! And by the looks of things theres nothing really close to that kind of sound.........

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Put a G35 exhaust on a Lancer for the sound...no. If you were able to pull it off, it would sound nothing like what you think. You would lose that throaty sound b/c of the different engines....

3. ozrallyredeptx456

ozrallyredeptx456 Active Member

i know it was just some long lost dream i had

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

It's probably possible to get the exhaust on a Lancer, but the G's have an inline 6 in em if I'm not mistaken.

5. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

It will sound like you broke your muffler off. If you take all the resonators out it will sound worse. Not unless you convert to a 3" pipe and do some major tuning. If you 3" you loose a lot of back pressure and you will look like a dumbass loosing to a honda n/a.

On a side note. Us 4g94 lancers are even with 05 civic ex with vtec. LOL I wrote mivec at first. Too much mitsu on the brain. But the vtec doesnt kick in until 4.6 rpms. so we can own them in a quarter mile or even half a mile but they will catch up really quick in 4th gear. You will see him pullin up behind you and you will be like "Go Car GOOO! Only to be disappointed at that 2 mile mark. Me and my friend tested this out on an abandoned airport strip. The next test will be stock handling. I don't think he has stock springs though. and my drivers side seems to be going out on me. I need to buy them coil-overs. I hate being broke.

6. lancer2quick

Nice way to brighten your morning.....
    [​IMG]

7. Jogenmaru

Damn those theives are dumb. Get dem brembos fool. Those are worth much more than those wheels and tires combined. Shoot. He didn't have an alarm either. That whole care would be mine. Major part out anyone. Easier cash. Crooks think on a small scale. Im more of the big scandal just waiting. LOL but damn. sucks to be him. Those thieves shoulda just taken the whole car.

8. 1slowlance

Well that sucks. Lol.

9. Jogenmaru

Lets see if im not too lazy to do the head gasket swap. Hope I don't find more than just that. I just pray I don't have any other issues wrong in there. Then I can kiss my turbo projekt buhbye...more like a major delay...or I can just buy another engine. They run less than a grand now.

10. lancer2quick

hell, while you have he head off, you can go ahead and adjust the valve lash. I'm sure they could use some adjusting....mine needed it after 90k..

11. Jogenmaru

I was gonna paint the head too. I just dont know what colors I want to paint it....something stupid like orange and blue.

12. 1slowlance

Random pictures from my drive to Chalmette today. Rainy day. And, yes, I know it probably wasn't safe to take this picture while driving in this weather, but it's ok. Lol.
    [​IMG]
    And this was going over the twin span over Lake Pontchartrain.
    [​IMG]
    And, I saw this 18 wheeler with like 8000K HID's. Thought it was pretty cool. Lol.
    [​IMG]

13. lancer2quick

Lookie what I just found......
    04 lancer with EVO X conversion....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. 1slowlance

That's disgusting.

15. Jogenmaru

just woke up. I thought it was a 350z just looking at the front then I was like well there is a mitsu symbol on it. those are x lights....wait....pic 2....WTF! Thats so ugly its fuglin awesome.

16. Jogenmaru

Just seafoamed my car. Wasn't that bad. Now to drive for a bit. then do that whole head gasket swap. Painting the head too. This gonna be a headache...i just know it.

17. 1slowlance

You did WHAT to your car? I don't wanna hear about your strange sexual exploits.

18. lancer2quick

I know...I saw it and was like..."nice 350...err....evo...err lancer?"lol the hood I think I can live with, but the bumper and headlights....not so much

19. Jogenmaru

Do service manuals not exist for 7th gen lancers? WTF?! The all the evo's have it. The ralliart's have it....where the fuck is mine!? Damnit...the 98 lancer has it.....but does the mirage...no....hell I could even use the mirage since its basically the same engine. OH.....torqueing back to my specs...fucking garbage....I can't believe the internet has failed me....

20. 1slowlance

I don't have a service manual for mine either. Lol.