Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

well I forgot to mention that everything is newly changed etc.. and i've seen people selling them for around 40k =P

2. coxlancer09

coxlancer09 Well-Known Member

i hate twelve hr night shifts. but at least it is dead out here lol. gives me time to check out the forum

3. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

i have my preferences, Ive never liked bmw's even when i had no knowledge of cars, if id have 40k+ to spend on a vehicle bmw would be last car to pop up in my mind. id tihnk EVO nissan z series maybe a nice 4x4.

Research to see how much a brake job cost on that 650 and compare it to ur lancer 09.

they seem to try too hard and then fail, like using carboard in the trunk floor to save weight? or offering a user interface to toggle how much HP he wants .wtf i want all Hp all the time.

4. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

only reason id trade is to sell the bmw and get an evo ;)

5. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

drop'n the car off @ the stealership 2night :( so pissed off!!!

6. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

??? Why you droppin' it off?

And as for me, I've always wanted a BMW. Probably always will.... they're just so sexy IMO

7. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Good luck beav! Hope it gets fixed dude.

8. The Beav

my trans is ****ed up! it keeps slip'n out of first :evil: so ya gota get that fixed! they have no idea what happened. the said they have never heard of this happening before! leave it to the beav!

9. LuvMyLancer

Must be that rotor glow color... lol

10. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Lol if Mitsubishi could blame it on that, I'm sure they would.

11. The Beav

lol actually the guy their wanted to know where i go my rims... i said they came with the car! he look'd puzzled! jackass!

12. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

my older lancer kept sliping out of 1st 3rd and 5th it was worts when it was cold , i had to always keep my hand on the shifter otherwise it kept falling back into the neutral position, i never got it fixed cause my warranty was done , i kept my mouth shut and traded it in towards my 08 lol

13. coxlancer09

yeah i traded a truck in on a eclipse back in the day lol. dealer called me up four days later saying the person he turned around and sold the truck to was pissed at him.turns out it over heated and died on the poor guy on the way home from the dealer. the dealer wanted to know if there were any tricks to the truck i simply replied "i never had any problems with the truck and that i felt sorry for the guy he sold it to". i kinda felt bad but not really cause i had my mitsu that i was wanting.

14. LuvMyLancer

My Lancer is my first car.... no problems other than I think its the worst winter car ever lol the INSIDE ices up and it takes forever to defrost.

15. coxlancer09

i haven't really had any problems with any of the mitsubishi's i have owned (other than the ones i have caused from being to rough that is lol). i love them havent had mine through a winter yet but german winter is coming up soon and i guess i will find out how she does pretty soon.

16. LuvMyLancer

If you dont have winter tires yet you NEED them. Theres no way to drive that car without 'em in the snow.

17. coxlancer09

yeah i am thinking about gettin another set of wheels and haveing all season on that set and then having winters put on the factories. money becomes the issue on all this though lol. as with so many things i want to do to the car. how bad are your winters where you live?

18. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Ohio winters aren't too terrible. Plus I've got the Yokohama's and they work fine. Apparently the Dunlops suck lol. Just gotta take corners slow :p

19. LuvMyLancer

Canadian Winters .... they can be bad sometimes... the problem with the Dunlops low profile tires on the GTS is that its pretty much like driving on plastic tires. I couldn't get my car to get ANY traction in even the tiniest bit of snow two winters ago. I finally caved in and spent $700 on winter tires because it was the only way for me to actually drive my car in the winter.

20. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

That sucks.. Yay for big walled tires :)