No Muffler?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by eKtor, Jan 11, 2008.

1. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

depends what kind of hook up you got.any exhaust even custom is made of stainless.

2. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

Is it a radar detector. My friend has that same one with the noise

3. voidedwarrenties

voidedwarrenties Well-Known Member

So what about smog? Since you do not have as much back pressure would a check engine light come on?

4. Tree

Tree Member

is that a cobra radar detector i hear?

5. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

he already said it was!

and Ektor please answer my question....PZEV or FED Emissions??????

6. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

sorry.. didn see your question earlier...

FED would be the answer 8)

7. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

does your muffler shop your going to do mandrel bends?? if not, then your pipping is not even throughout the bend. this machine is a half a million dollar machine and i doubt that they have one and are charging this much. this is why the works one is more pricey, cuz they are mandrel bends and stainless steel.

8. voidedwarrenties

Also at the same time you are not gaining any power if anything you might be losing power so $300 for a 12" tube is out of hand.

9. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

for less than 3 feet of piping, im not worried about that

10. playa213xx

Somehow i doubt he's losing much power if any....Removing that barrel underneath the car doesn't give you more horsepower...its probably a maze inside that thing and he's just releasing the exhaust alot faster....he didn't take out the convertor or anything

Am i right or am i right?? lol

11. voidedwarrenties

Your right about the maze in their that muffels the sound reduces smog and helps create back pressure

12. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Yup... i changed my mind on this.. im putting my muffler back, and waiting for the RA to get out.. if they can give me a better deal than mazda is giving me in a speed3, im staying with mitsu... if not, mazda here i come!

13. playa213xx

aw come on now....if your lancer had a heart what do you think it would say?? lol

14. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

he would hate me cause i should have researched before getting in this slow ass car...

15. voidedwarrenties

LOL ya I went from a 07 Mustang to the Lancer it is aa huge difference

16. lancered

i messed up too,i chose the lancer over an WRX 5spd. black on black n blue.i wish i done my research first as well.cuz now im looking into getting another HONDA,and/or even trading in to get a suby

17. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

you shouldn't be buying a car based on speed only. The lancer is highly rated. sales are crazy. and to be honest its not slow.

I came from a 305whp 4gen eclipse gt to my lancer soley based on safty and convience not speed.

My dream car is a evo which i will be getting but thats cause i've always loved evos and could never afford one but now i can and im just saving for that or the RA but its again not soley based on speed.

18. lancered

everyone has different tastes my guy,some want there dream car ,such as me.some people like to spend there money wisely,and get what they pay for.if the lancer gave me what i want,but not enough..so be it ill get something else that will give me all that i want,not like my g/f will so thats why we pay alot for what we want.

19. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Half of you shouldnt be allowed to own your dream car because you will just butcher it up with hideous ideas like cutting springs and removing mufflers :p

20. lancered

theres more than half that removed there mufflers,cutting springs...i changed my mind on that one bud :wink: