No Muffler?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by eKtor, Jan 11, 2008.

1. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

No i did not... I will prolly do it next week.. but like i said, im always with my windows down and i always runnin so theres plenty of ventilation in the car...

if its gonna take more time ill put the muffler back on till i can do it.. im gonna go take some pics right now... brb

2. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

please do post pics along with the degree of bend in the pipes....it doesn't sound too bad even on my laptop....if this works...f****** A man...what a cheap hook up...my best friend works at a monro so he can hook me up with piping and the curves for free!

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

doesn't sound bad at all man...

can you just verify this for me... you just took out that big "tub" looking thing?

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Yes... that big hipo belly under your trunk lol... here is the other video...

[​IMG]

5. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

now you got me going outside later and doing it. i will share my own vids too.

but hey. PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON. lol

6. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

That sound when you turn your car on has to go :p But hey, to each his own.

7. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

can we see pix of the back not vids?

8. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

yes, i will post pictures tomorow... ill take pics when the sun is out...

about the seat belt it, i didnt go over 20mph hehe.. and i was very careful haha...

the sound at the beginning when i turn on my car.... ummmm lets see who guess what that noise is :D

9. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

10. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

alright done... took a little longer because I had problems removing the bolts that attached the muffler to the piping.

It's just temporary, because I got word from my auto shop about the injen exhaust.

videos later...

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

yea, those screws were a biatch to remove... so how to you like it?

12. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

m0nday ill have my muff on so i wont have to worry about the fumes.

13. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

well i think it sonds pretty good

14. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

it deff. sounds good. But after only testing it for 15 minutes, I just decided to slap it back on.

15. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

is this PZEV or normal emissions??

16. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

some kind of po-po detector? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

17. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Nice I think.

18. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

wow...these things are expensive...
    I got my muffler for $25 and installed for $100...

call me cheap, but I got some good hp gain and the sound is really nice for a pzev

19. Nosman

Nosman Active Member

its more than just 45$ to get a piece of pipe done . It will take an hour of so to have them bent the pipe , weld the flange and weld some hangers and find a nice tip for it . Comes to about 150 $ . I ordered my works axel-back for 250$ shipped to canada . I think its ah ok deal since its all made of stainless .

20. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

bah... who cares of the tip lol... you gotta keep on looking around.. i know the easiest thing is go online and buy whatever looks good or sounds good and slap your credit card and you get it in 2 weeks... here for the work, im only requesting 1 bend after the flange (it will come out in a slight angle, and only 1 hook... and they said the price i mentioned before... this is after going to 6 exhaust places... in the internet, or in real life, research is your best friend... :D

about the noise at the beginning, yes, its a cobra radar...

about the tip, i already mentioned i want to paint it flat black so i dont need a purty tip