i need help. is there a fuse for the ac?

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older- General Information' started by theFranchise, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Not saying you dont like a/c, but if its for women, give him yours and you deal with the hot air. :lol:

2. KillzBugzFast

KillzBugzFast Well-Known Member

8OCrazy!... ill pass on that. More of the fact that mine is an RA while his is just a lancer. :alien: raise the roof!

3. KillzBugzFast

thats enough outta you lol

4. KillzBugzFast

get an owners manual

5. Jogenmaru

*sigh* It's the same. Just like the cd player is the same. The lights that are used to light the inside cabin and speedometer cluster are the same. The carpet is the same. There are various things between all lancer models that fit each other. Such as the a/c. Any Lancer from 02-07 all have the same unit. That includes EVO & RALLIART. Same goes for 08- Current Lancer models. Oh yea sunroof are the exact same as well.

6. Jogenmaru

They had a recall for the a/c to heater knob. and the A/C button take out the front panel and fix the pressure spring. Take out the button and use a small sharp object to turn it on and off.

7. KillzBugzFast

well thats because they are both mitsu. im sure a 2.4Lmivec stock vs a 2L stock es comes down to the cd player, carpet and illumination lights...come on my car is black! :roll:

8. KillzBugzFast

im lost in the point of this topic. yeah well :p still havin fun!

9. Jogenmaru

Only difference between his car and your car is the engine and suspension and year it was made. Everything else is practically the same. He can rape you of your A/C complete set and it still work. Hell he could rape you of your engine and still be good. And a Galants engine. Anyway, back to helping this man of his issue. I believe I said a temp fix in the statement above with removing that panel and adjusting the spring.

10. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

are you really trying to start fights here? cause your making yourself look like a tool right now, nobody cares what kind of lancer you have, and there are a lot of stock lancer thatlll shit all over your ralliart.

this forum is for learning and sharing, not shit talking and braggin, stop being a prick

11. killerdragonoz

killerdragonoz Well-Known Member

You have the opposte problem I have, hope u can get it fixed unlike me.

12. Ciphony

Ciphony Well-Known Member

my problem is different... got cold air (evacuated, vaccumed , and recharged system), temp door is tough going from side to side... but i just lube it every year or so and it works. but my problem is that my Recirculation button doesnt light up. I pulled everything and see that the motor isnt turning the door. i can manually make the door move but the button on the a/c control unit wont light up or function.. i am fearing having to replace the A/C control unit. Anyone else have that problem? oh and no it doesnt light up in any mode or temp.

13. killerdragonoz

killerdragonoz Well-Known Member

, I replaced the A/C control unit and it still does not work the only thing that lights up is the rear defogger light, the fan switch does not work and it's new, replaced the temp control at the fan box, works cause I get heat, made a switch to the fan so I turn it on stays on high whice is good for the winter.

Mitz will not recall this problem I tried got in a big fight over this, If u get a new controler do not put it in your self, If u do and is still does not work u will not get your money back, It cost $330.00 bucks let them do it so if it does not work u will get your money. If its like mine it's in the wiring whice will cost u.

They wanted me pay a guy to look at it this is what they charge u were I'm at.

I call him the wire guy u have to pay $120 an hour.
    to check the wires 1 at a time each wire is $80 bucks to check there are 4 wires.
    after all of that they tell u what it is and how to fix it and how much it is.

this does not enclude taking your dash apart and putting it back.

U might have better luck were u are at.