Hyundai Genesis

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Jul 1, 2009.

1. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Maybe I was a bit unclear. I was trying to point out that there WILL be new evo's (2010s). There is ZERO talk of the Evo being discontinued!!

2. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

lol... sorry I thought those posts where coming from the same user... disregard my part about the articale...

3. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

-----
    A. mitsu still blows, same as hyundai/kia; depreciates like a mother. Only good if you run it till the wheels fall off, which you apparently aren't...
    B. talk is cheap, lets see what they say when the time comes...but since you think you are the MAN you'll probably stretch the truth.
    C. I 100% have to get inspections. Geico wrong company? ok
    D. New Vehicle (Bumper-to-Bumper) 5 yrs/60,000 miles 5 yrs/60,000 miles...straight from the website. are you dealing with the wrong company now? is that how you got your economy car so cheap? they knew you were gonna blow it up? lol
    E. Hondas hold value and are very sought after. Learn to save money instead of wasting it on mods. Cars are holes to throw your money into, along with boats. INVEST in the stock market/401k you can make a killing now. The market will you a return compared to donking $6k on a turbo or new car.

I enjoy 4 cyl, cause they are cheap; clearly i've grown to learn how much modifying cars just isn't worth it. As much as you throw into this econ lancer it won't be anything special for the long term. Look you already want to get out of your turbo lancer after spent so much money on installation/parts. If you want a real thrill get a bike.

F. Like i said previously, I didn't think anyone smart would buy it..obviously they are not smart; your engine won't last man. argue it as much as you want, i'm not trying to be a douche!

I stand corrected on the 2010 evos haha. my bad!

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Whose argueing?? You have your views, I have mine. What you have to remember is that the situation is different for each individual. For me, selling the Lancer which I have had A LOT of fun with, wouldn't put me in the red.

You still think Mitsu,Kia, & Hyundai are crap but I find it funny that they haven't taken any federal bailout money.

So what if I buy a new car every 4-5 years? I don't buy cars for investment. I do it for personal pleasure. Its like masterbating. Sure , you may be a stud and have all the girls you want, but everyone masterbates. Why? For personal pleasure.

Investments - tken care of. I already have a retirement package for the rest of my life with full medical and dental that I draw when I am 38. I also have several mutual funds in food and technology. In 15 years they will be worth about $4 million.

5. BlueBallLancer

I'm not saying its gonna put you in the red but there will always more room for the green. I never hyped up american cars at all. please explain why mitsu/hyundai/kida do not hold value? that puzzles me...cause they are crap my man. they have a had a long history of being unreliable. you said 3 years new car, now its stretched to 4-5 yrs? do what you want man, it just annoys me how pretty much fickle America keeps buying new cars. Then again there has to be someone buying new so the used buyers prosper.

Why not just wait like a year or two and get the car you want like an 2007 or something. avoid the first 2 years of depreciation? Plus you have no idea if that KIA is even good for the long run.

Investments - 4 million from food tech? GET THE F OUT OF HERE LOL. FROM A MUTUAL FUND??? try 40 years+ for a mutual fund. i can understand a stock that is targeted for growth (and you are lucky and get in low and get out at the peak) to give you a huge return but not a mutual fund. what exact funds? this is very interesting... don't worry the more buyers the more beneficial it is to your current investment.

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

a car is the worst investment thinkable! Does nothing but depreciate from the moment you drive away with it.

7. SeRious08

Bro I have an aggressive mutual fund that I have been paying into since I 15. That was 17 tears ago. Add another 15 to it, and I'll have had it for over 30. Which at that point I can withdrw it with very little penalty.

In the past Hyundai and Kia did have issues. But they have resolved those for the most part. Thats why they offer the 10/100000 warranty. They depreciate due to it not being American. Funny thing is that overseas they do hold value.

8. BlueBallLancer

honda holds better value (depreciates less than mitsu)...lol i'm just saying....look it up fellas
    cars are horrible investments, some depreciate less than others. i just want people to avoid the 1st year depreciation that we all exp. especially with mitsu. Again, only good if you actually run it to 10 yrs at least.

aggressive mutual funds thats good for growth, but as you go toward retirement try to slowly put more into bonds to somewhat lock it in..don't want to suffer another recession hit haha.

My company sent out a 401k excel spreadsheet that calculates your retirement based which incorporates inflation, past history returns etc. etc.
    Based on that calculation, if you put away 700 per 2 weeks, 40 years, before tax 401k..you "only" come out with ~3 mil. and then you get taxed based on your current tax bracket. Unless you have Roth 401k which is taxed at your young age tax bracket. not sure if you were making that much bank when you were 15 or if you are making up for it now but cheers to you if you are, i just don't see 4 mil after only 30 years. ok i'm done with this thread haha, very off topic.

9. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

so...you guys done yet?

A friend of mine and I went to look at the Genesis Coupe....damn. I was throughly impressed with it. It doesn't look like your typical Hyundai interior...which I think is ugly. Never liked Hyundai interiors...or exteriors for that matter. If they can keep putting out cars like this, Hyundai will have changed the bad rep they developed.

Also, breaking into the auto market isn't easy. there was a time where toyotas were considered crappy cars and now look at them. It takes time and I think Hyundai is on the right track. Don't know much about Kias yet though.

10. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What the hell just happened here????

11. SeRious08

Sorry about that Jason! So have you test drove to different Genesis' yet?

12. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Yeah, its a Kia.. LOL, shits ugly IMO

13. Texas Aggie

the genesis looks like a cat...a pissed cat. You have to sit and drive the car to really understand how far Hyundai has come. the interior is BADASS....NOTHING like the previous Hyundai cars.

I haven't driven the Kia Serious is talking about so i have no idea on that....

But really guys...this is getting ridiculous. Whoever trash talks Hyundai needs to understand how business works. Entering a market, especially automotive isn't cheap, so Hyundai enters the market with a cheap unreliable car. Over time as they create profit they slowly move towards better quality vehicles. Now, after so many years, they have come out with a car that has shocked most people on their previous conception of Hyundai's. they are in a better position to create a very good quality car.

Learn the business cycle before trash talking a company people. Ignorance isn't an excuse.

Also, who thinks cars are an investment? If I'm not mistaken, Serious never said it was. Its something he enjoys and if he wants to buy a new car then who gives a shit. He can do whatever he wants with HIS money. You have your opinions and he has is.

And as far as his money is concerned...who cares about that either. unless you want his penis then it shouldn't matter what he does with his money.

This brings me to another point...just because you took micro and macro economics in college doesn't make you a damn expert in the stock market. If you really knew anything about how the market works, its that it is unpredictable. I was a day trader for a while before i backed off because of how stressful it was. There are so many variables to take into consideration it becomes difficult to know what a company may do in the short and long run. You also have to deal with bashers who pump a stock and then sells short to get his/her profit, lets it drop, buys back in and does it all over again. The company may be sound but it there are bashers then the company will get its ass kicked.

And don't think I'm taking his side because I'm a Mod either...its just that some of you guys on here are really stupid and ignorant. Start reading a book rather than watching MSNBC before making comments that you know everything. The only you prove is that you're a dumbass.

Finally, I have not directed these statements towards any one person. Understand that if you attack or ATTEMPT to try and embarrass me you will not succeed. Know that before moving forward.

NOW...Back to the Genesis for crying out loud...

14. BlueBallLancer

Sounds like you want Serious' penis not me LOL... every point stated has been to back up your fellow mod. i'm pretty damn sure this is all directed towards me, so thats a load of BS. I never ever said a car was an investment, all i said is that some manuf. depreciate less than others..FACT. Actually, get all of your facts straight, I said in response to serious do what you want in a previous message. Its all my opinion of course, can I express that without being called ignorant and stupid???? damn. I had also said that I am done with this thread because we are off topic, but you felt the need to rehash this when it was over and done with. Did you want to flex your mod muscles or something? haha

Question... so did you take micro and macro econ to become a private day trader or for a financial firm? If private, why didn't you get a real job? Who is (from your message "really stupid and ignorant") here? Being a day trader you most likely short a bulk stocks, so you are in the same boat as those P.O.S pumpers and dumpers. Did i ever say i was an expert? I just don't see 4 mil from a mutual fund unless you contribute a lot of money. Shit, if it was for real i would love to jump on that no questions asked.

I test drove the genesis v6 and the evo. I still enjoyed the interior of the lancer rather than the genesis. Even the GTS felt more comfortable. Yes hyundai has improved, can't knock that, but wasn't all that impressed with the performance and ride quality. I still see mitsu>hyundai. What do you guys think?

15. Texas Aggie

I didn't direct the comments towards any one person. But as you stated u were done with the thread cause it was off topic and that I brought it back up. I stated what I felt needed to be said and so have you. No point in continuing this disagreement.

As far as performance and ride quality, what things did you take into account to base your opinion on? I know everyone looks for different things in cars. Like for me the 350z was too stiff and rough for a daily driver, although i'd buy one if I didn't have a family...lol... Any idea if Hyundai is going to re-work their other cars to bring some of them out of the gutter?

I think the interior of the sedan looked similar to that of the BMWs IMO...

16. BlueBallLancer

Dont know what it was, could have been the color scheme and what not. Just not my taste, good thing is that it did not have alot of plastic crap that most econ cars have. Well from what I saw briefly. The ride was bumpy... i know its a stiff setup but not so hot for a 40 mile daily driver. the power kinda seemed to lag; but then again it was the auto and the dealer didn't have a manual. They said coming across a manual is like finding a needle in a haystack...freakin liars trying to push what they got on the lot. Dang i hate them.