Hyundai Genesis

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I didn't pay $20+k for my car either. Try again. You laugh at the Kias, but I bet that 173 hp trim Koup that only cost $15k will beat a stock and/or lightly modified GTS. And it comes with 100,000 miles 10 year warranty. Haha, you drive a Happy Meal car!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. SeRious08

Jason, I think the lime green color Genises would go great with your personality. LOL :)

3. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

lol... Lime Green??? ummm no... Going black with black wheels and brown interior with black inserts... I was actually thinking about the Yellow with black leather but I kind of like cloth seats...

4. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

Did I say ANYTHING about the Kia vs the Lancer? Ill beat a stock GTS in my $3000 happy meal car any day of the week homie! Its alright though man. When you get laughed at trying to front in your Kia that looks worse than the shit I took earlier this morning, dont say I didnt tell you so.

5. SeRious08

I like black too. Looks increditable when clean. You have to take care of the paint though because black will show all flaws like swirls. Make sure you use a 3 step detailing like Meguires. And NEVER apply it in circular motions.

6. SeRious08

Whats that great Aerosmith song? Oh yeah, "Dream On"!

7. Prophet

Yeah I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder that is black. I have taken care of that paint like no other lol... I actually perfer Eagle One over Meguires...

8. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Already tired of the turbo lancer? I'm not sure if anyone would smart would buy a turbo'd stock lancer; considering the warranty is gone and their insurance company probably wont cover anything..

I drove the 3.8 genesis; wasn't impressed at at all; the g37 was real nice... i'd go the extra buck for LUXURY and performance (we're not getting any younger you know, upgrade)

9. Prophet

That is an extra long buck....

10. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

imo the 3.8l is pretty decent on power...especially with a few mods. the 2.0t is quite slow in stock form. sub 200whp with the 3.8 is about 260whp.

11. Prophet

I thought you guys where working on a 2.0t... so any plans for a supercharger or turbo?

12. SeRious08

Nope, still loving the turboed Lancer. But in a year I will have owned this car for 3 years. Time to look for a new car. Thats when the turbo Koup will be out.

Also, key notes to remember:
    1. I still have most of the warranty intact in the car. Just not the motor. Not a big deal. If that blows, I can buy a new crate motor for about $700

2. I already have a little over 20k miles on the car. Factory warranty will be up by the time I want to trade/sell the car anyways. So whats your point?

3. 99.9% of the insurance companies regognize it as a GTS and only a GTS. They give quotes by the VIN, not what you tell them is on the car. I could do a complete conversion to an EVO, but guess what the insurance card and VIN will say? Yup, you guessed it, GTS.

Sorry to hack your thread Jason.

Eiter way I like the Genesis too. Hyundai is finally moving in the right direction. They slipped a little with the slow V6 Tiburon.

13. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

You're so clever!!!!
    Whats that great Three 6 Mafia song? Oh yeah, "Slob On My Knob"!

Edit: Enough. Sorry for sorta ruining this thread.

14. BlueBallLancer

3 years and a new car already?!?! talk about taking a hit every 3 years; you car depreciated the 1st year by alot especially since its a mitsu which doesnt hold alot of value; never will i get a hyundai or mitsu new. Learned that the hard way, in fact never a new car not worth it. I could have gotten an older luxury/performance car /w warranty with the purchase price of a new gts.

1. your whole warranty is gone; they will blame the turbo for all of your future problems and how they are all related. Dealerships are not your friends they are a business remember that. why would they shell out money for you when they can just bs you? I've seen it happen on a supercharger before.

2. factory warranty is 5 year 60k.. a little off from 3 year 30k? hmmm

3. Geico and Allstate require inspections. those are huge companies...better lower your 99.99% assumption

I'm not tryin to be a douche but i just hate to see you waste the money on that turbo and the lancer... they are right, its still a Kia no matter how you sugarcoat it; new models always have problems...look at our lancer alot of problems so far.

back to the subject 3.8L is weak test drove it compared to the evo mr. the evo blew my mind away; plus the ride was much better with the evo courtesy of the bilstein shocks. genesis ride was ROUGH. i think they are around the same price now. since evos are dirt cheap now, cause they are discontinued

15. Prophet

EVO's are discontinued??? That is news to me...

16. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

wait where you find that they dont make them anymore??

17. BlueBallLancer

i got mine dirt cheap cause my dealership was trying to get rid of them.. they are not selling due to the economy. Please find me a 2009 evo?!?!?!?! better yet a 2010! i've never seen one. they said that the evo was supposed to be the flagship of mitsu but not anymore cause they can't get people to buy enough. I am just assuming that they are not producing them for the US for the meantime... why else would they push them so hard out the door and not see any new ones come in

18. SeRious08

A. Its not a hit when you by the car for $6k UNDER blackbook value. The dealer misqouted the price and had to stick to it.

B. You are dealing with the wrong dealerships then. I have already taken my car to mine and they say nothing. They have replaced a few things here and there. Never once have they questioned the turbo. Don't believe me, Call Don Herring Mitsubishi in Lewisville TX. They over look modifications and even sell them. Heck, they are even a Vendor on EvoM.

C. My assumption was not 99.99%. It was 99.9%. I was with Geico for 4 years and never had my car inspected. Now I am with USAA and they have never inspected the 6 cars I have had under them. Again, you are dealing with the wrong companies.

D. Weird, my paperwork say 3/30K warranty.

E. Seems to me you have the same mentality that others had when tuners started modifying Hondas. They all laughed because it wasn't American muscle and "only a 4 cyl".

F. And for the record, I have had 3 offers on my car. All were for what I have put into the car.

19. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

2010 Evo's will be out this year. That is why they are getting all of the 08s off the lots.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/27/firs ... er-lineup/

20. Prophet

Where in that articale does it say they are getting rid of the EVO? If you had read it like I had read it then you will have read that the main point of that articale was about the EVO "Sportback". No where in that articale did they say they are getting rid of the EVO. I am not sure where you live or what dealship you go to but at the local dealership from me (which is also the Hyundai dealer) they had two EVO X's on the lot. Also in the last six months I have had two friends pick up an EVO X and one that got a used EVO IX from that same dealership. So your assumption about the EVO being discontinued is wrong...

This recission has effected all dealships and car manufacters. Depending on where you live and your community, your dealship may not be able to sell EVO's like say a dealship in the Bay Area, CA. So your dealership may just have been sitting on EVO's for months at a time and then decided to just sell them at a bottom line price to push them out and maybe just ordered them at a customer request instead of having them sit on the lot. Which would have been the smart thing for your dealship to do and why you see them selling at a bottom line price and no new one's coming in...