HL replica lip & rear kit

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by JDMFanatik, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

geez...i think i'll wait a bit longer then...lol

2. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

Ya through the evo_soul group buy the total cost of the front and rear lips shipped to Canada is $910 , I don't think it's that bad.

3. JDMFanatik

JDMFanatik Well-Known Member

ok i got an email from him and quoted me some prices for the rear kit and shipping. sounds tempting though, but a bit iffy about the cutting them in half lol. oh also, shipping price is going to virginia beach, va.

"You are more than welcome! With regards to shipping concerns, I have an alternative that will drastically reduce shipping costs.

Lets take the example of the HL replica rear lip that you see on my blog. We can saw the part in half, with a backing attached to one side which will enable you to reassemble the part fairly easily (if a competent workshop is involved). With that having been said, the pricing for the part will be approximately USD75.00 while shipping will cost you approximately USD36.00. Would this option be amenable to you? If it's not, I propose that you gather friends or acquaintances together for an order of approximately 7-8 full kits, which then can be shipped by ocean freight (they will take up approximately two cubic metres of freight space). We have applications for most Japanese imports and as such, it would not necessarily have to be for the Galant Fortis.

Should you have any queries about the above, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me and I will address them to the best of my ability. We're hoping to hear from you soon Gerry!

Best Regards,
    Aylwin Chin for ARS Bodykits"

for now, i sent him another email regarding the material of the kit. i will let you guys know about the material as soon as he replies to my question.

4. ItsJordan

ItsJordan Well-Known Member

damn that kit looks sick! I want one but wow 400 for shipping hahaha

5. Texas Aggie

wait...shipping is only $36? Did i read that right? about $100 for the rear?

I mean hell, get a good worker to bold it together...I may just wait to see if KRU or someone puts together a lip kit in one piece...

6. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

7. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

I see a big,big list of wanting the lips.

8. nspunkrock

nspunkrock Member

I say we get a volunteer to make a quick run to singapore and bring back enough for everyone. You can borrow my row boat....

9. JDMFanatik

LOL

Yeah, i definitely looked at the price twice and looked for a 0 after 36. i may have to confirm with him with this again just to be sure. lol

10. Texas Aggie

yes, please do. if its real, when i grad college that'll be my first purchase. Unless of course there is one here for relatively the same price.

11. JDMFanatik

"Our kits are manufactured in fiberglass and our proprietary EFR composite (flexible fiberglass). They are made to JDM specifications so you can count on a very glossy finish and a very firm, and durable composite."

sounds quite legit. just waiting on the prices again to see if theyre really that low. lol

12. JDMFanatik

ok, it wasn't a typo. it really is $36 shipping for me. both front and rear are $75 EACH. seems like i may have to start savin up lol

13. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

im trying to gwt it now hopefully prder it in like a week or two

14. Texas Aggie

so for us it would be $150 for both? Without cutting it i assume.

So we can get the front and rear for $150. Shipping $150. Total $300 right? this doesn't include side skirts or paint though.

It seems that we can pick up a lip kit+side skirts+shipping+paint for what...$800 total?

15. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I think he was saying $75 is the price for each part and shipping is only $36 if cut in half.

I am really interested in this but dont know if I want to risk the cut being cut in half...

16. m20racer

m20racer Active Member

i have seen a lot of scion's kits witha split in the middle. dont look too bad.
    but the kit will need body work and paint done if its cut in half or whole. any bodyshop can put it together very easy.

17. RedStar

Well as long as the quality is the same when the bodyshop does its magic than I will be purchasing this kit very soon.

Can you give me the email to the person I would want to contact in order to make this transaction happen?

18. JDMFanatik

gotcha covered like make up. lol

ars.bodykits@gmail.com

i just asked him how much shipping would be for an uncut kit.

19. gator4life108

gator4life108 Well-Known Member

Count me in for the rear piece if they do a group buy....me likey :lol:

20. RedStar

is the $30 cut shipping for a single person or a group buy?