09 civic si sedan vs. lancer 09 GTS

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by jorgeous8, Feb 27, 2009.

1. l_lancer1

l_lancer1 Well-Known Member

jorgeous i feel ya, my brother talks alot of shit about racing me an winnin an i cant do nothin....yet :D

2. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

i raced an si a couple of months ago, smoked me...lol and i got all these stuff, but like others i think weight is a good factor, how much would i lose if i take out the rear seat and the passenger seat, the spare, and whatever else? just for the race..

3. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

"its not how stand next to your ride, its how you race your ride...you better learn that..."
    i think thats how it goes...

i think its better said, it doesnt matter what you have on your car, its how you drive your it...
    i would still take on an Si anyday whether i lose or not...its about having the balls go up against something they think its faster and proving them wrong...

"It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car... you better learn that" ;)

4. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

I raced my boy in his 07 4 Door SI (Only Mod was the Honda Factory Performance Axle Back).......It was a even race untill the vtec engaged thats when he look a nice lead on me. At that time the only mod I had was the Injen CAI. But yea the SI wins hands down.

5. tennis03050

tennis03050 Member

yea my buddy has a dam 05 srt-4 with an injen cai but he bought it used beat to shit... he beats me but honestly its only like a car and a half length 0-70ish. My other friend has an 06 pontiac grand prix stock base model v-6 its a little slower than the srt-4. I has rrm sri and axel back exhaust so im waiting for piggyback and timing control see how i do after then when i get the money throw a turbo on and smoke their asses

6. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

in a cvt ur saying the srt only beat you by a car length? he was either holding back or the shittiest driver ever...my buddy in his srt4 smoked me by like 4lengths 0-80...i can believe the grand prix though.

7. jorgeous8

jorgeous8 Active Member

maybe he dont know how to shift. IMO

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lol wow

9. tennis03050

tennis03050 Member

yea i mean hes not the greatest and like his 3rd gear is messed up plus hes 17 first stick car and its a little more than cars length but thats jus his car i kno the srt is fast as hell...but its still a neon

10. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

+1 on both Hector's comments haha. Sorry LUV :p

11. l_lancer1

l_lancer1 Well-Known Member

bustin out the fast an furious quotes huh? might as well race the Si an just yell NOS!!! haha
    but for real i let my brother still talk all this crap about my car. i dont really are bc i plan on gettting
    another new car right after im done payin the lancer off, an trust me by then i should be able to afford
    alot of great cars.....all i know is what ever i get next will just own him :mrgreen:

but for real i agree, just race him, wont hurt to do it for fun.

12. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

make it interesting if ur gonna. you know you will lose so ask for a couple lengths and start rolling at20 or something...just a suggestion

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

lmfao now we are comparin lancers with srt4s ROFL..... :roll eyes:

14. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

^+1 :roll: :?

15. frank

frank Member

i was at the dealership today and was reading through an old magazine they had there and an si coupe wih simple bolt ons was putting down 181 at the wheels. i think the si would give the ra a run for its money too

16. kaliuv

kaliuv Well-Known Member

Si whip our ass...

17. TRASHY_GTS

TRASHY_GTS Member

exactly...

18. TRASHY_GTS

TRASHY_GTS Member

to some people performance is more important than how their car looks...what's the point of having a fast looking car and having no power to back it up????

Civic Si>gts

19. TRASHY_GTS

TRASHY_GTS Member

why are they gross?

20. Guest

Guest Guest

The 09 GTS is pretty quick but I will still own both these cars.