Yay, im new

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Evostation4, Oct 29, 2009.

1. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

really keyless start? i guess u have to remember to leave it in neutral. i didn't think the stealership would install that on a M/T... interesting.

2. The Beav

i just realized what you meant by keyless start (thax to my fiancee) you have the key fob not a remote start... so u want a remote start? i am pretty sure they make a bypass for M/T but you have to remember to not leave it in gear or when you start it it will start rolling/lurch and could cause an accident. as for me thats to much of a pain, so i won't be getting this.

3. Evostation4

Evostation4 Well-Known Member

Ah ok i see. How much do you think the bypass will cost? Im about to get a Clifford system.

4. Evostation4

Oh yea, is the clifford system any good? what is a good one out there?

5. 2010_GTS

2010_GTS Well-Known Member

welcome to LT dude, i actually want a keyless start for my gts to dude. like beav said iam sure they can bypass the clutch so u can start it by remote, i like "viper alarms" theyre expensive but everyone i know that has a key less start on their car no matter what make or model they have they like it.

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Viper's are really good. A friend of mine has one on his truck, and it's a nice alarm system, but I still haven't really seen where a remote start actually helps. I don't know, I just think it's showing off.

7. 2010_GTS

2010_GTS Well-Known Member

comes in handy in the winter, it sucks walking through a cold parkin lot to get into a cold car. all u gotta do is park close to the store, leave the heater on, start the car a lil before u walk out so it can warm up and get ur ass into the warm car. lol

8. The Beav

but then you forget and leave it in gear and boom accident to much hassel for me... to each their own

9. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

ok, soo i want to check out the LED's and pix of your car but I cant find the photo gallery...whats up with that...

10. Evostation4

hahaha yea I guess, but I got a pretty good deal on a clifford alarm system (about $180 brand new in box) and it comes with the remote start so I might as well have them install it. Plus, I don't know where i heard this, but I heard that clifford and viper where made by the same company or practically the same company and those were the ones people were telling me about.
    As for my gallery pics, I'm having trouble uploading them because its always telling me they are too big so I have to go in and shrink all my pics and I got a lot. Sometimes I fill up my DSLR lol. I also couple days ago got some 10k HIDs installed, ultra bright white license plate lights, a blue trunk light, and blue dome lights all for under $250. The HIDs I believe were the German kinds so I gotta go out and take more pics but the weather sux over here haha. I was trying to get it all ready for Wek Fest over here in Cali but then I found out I'm not showing my car for my crew. :(
    I gotta post up somewhere the future plans for this year cuz I knocked out like 3 already.

11. Evostation4

Ok, got the alarm installed today but apparently there is no modulator out yet to bypass the clutch for the 08 lancer GTS smart key that I have so no remote start for now until they come out with one... if they do.
    :(