XxLaNcErGTSxX progress

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by XxLaNcErGTSxX, May 8, 2008.

1. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Yes they are the OEM Evo X RECAROs with side airbags

2. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Wher did ya order them brotha? And how much please?

3. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

idk where he got them but i think i remeber him saying they were like 4-5 grand a seat

4. XxLaNcErGTSxX

I paid 2000 a seat

5. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Well guys I got thinking today about a new head unit, so here you go. I got the Alpine IVA-W205 DVD receiver. Its going to look sick. I got the wire harness, the dash kit, and the box to make the steering wheel controls to work. Hope you like.
    [​IMG]

6. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Ok so, i cant sit back on this one anymore. Yes i compliment you on your car, its comming along amazingly. Now, with that beign said, you mentioned that youre payin for this all by yourself. Id REALLY liek to know where this money is coming from. Cuz i know ive gone down in the money meter, but ive found every way i can to save some money, and peopel still say ive used up alot of cash. You just dont stop with mods, so im just itching to know how this is all happening.

7. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Thanks for the comment. I get this question all of the time. I work for the federal govt on a Army depot. I work at a summer a summer community. As a 3ed Job I double as a assistant director for another community. So my Govt job is my full time job, and the other 2 are a full time job. I am on salary on 2 out of the 3 jobs, and the 2ed job I work 100 hours per pay. I pride myself at the age of 21 having really 3 jobs, but really 2. I hope this clears things up

8. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but all this money to turn your car into something it will never be, an EvoX. You said previously you didn't purchase one because of the insurance premium but the amount of money you've spent on mods thus far could've paid for your 1st year of insurance and possibly more.

Don't get me wrong your car looks great but it also looks like an exercise in futility.

9. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Evo X insurance for my would be about $5000 a year. The car paynments would be about $500 per month. Gas about $300 per month. Maintance about $100 everytime it went in. That right there is about $1400 a month. Thats alot. i dod not spend $1400 a month on the car, expect for the seats. Besides the warranty on this car is 100,000 miles. The evo is only 33,000 miles. Not a good warranty for a brand new car from the tires up in my mind. i am honstly sick of people telling me I put two much money into my car. We are lancer owners, you should be loving that someone is doing something different. I am just going to stop posting I quess. Go over to PL.com. I have about 13,500 hits on my car. The next closest person has about 1,200 hits. Im not being a smart ass, but I must be doing something right. I like cars. I love the fact i can make my 08 lancer look as it does. And that is why I am in talks with MITSUBISHI, to use my car in a commercial. My car is going to be featured in my local dealers ads, and roped off whenever they have an open house. I do put alot of money into my car but it is 1 of a kind. So I will continue doing mods to my GTS. Oh and BTW, 1 day this lancer will beat a stock evo X once she gets turboed....

10. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Somethings that I have gotten about my car.

Person PMed me on cardomain.com and had this to say... "hey man this is the sickest lancer on here i love wat u done to it and how did u get that
    evo x wing and how much was it i really want that and how fast is ur car with all the stuff u put on it is it a big difference??"

My best friend saw me drive by at work 1 day and said this. " I just seen u drive by ur car looks so sick dude"
    "It does to see it in person with the graphic and rims..its fukin sick uve come a long way.

Anoth cardomain comment. Look at my page and see for yourself. "I cant get over how far this car has come in like lesss than a year its insane..good work keep it up"

Not bashing what you said in anyway but I get Pms all of the time on this stuff, and comments 2.

You can look on the cardomain for that last post. Send the kid a message and see if he said the other things above. Not making it up in anyway

11. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

2000 per seats... =S thats alot... people are selling theirs for like 1600 both or even less over at evolutionm.net

btw... let the guy do his stuff if u dun like it dont post its HIS car after all to each his own..

12. HudsonFalcon

This is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People need to learn to accept the bad crticizm along with the good.

13. kennyjai

you are entitled to your opinion, its true but you dont have to try to bring him down by saying his car will never be an evox and saying that hes wasting his money

14. HudsonFalcon

I wasn't trying to bring him down I was just merely stating a fact.

15. XxLaNcErGTSxX

For the 17 people that PMed me to keep up the good work I THANK YOU... So this is for you guys, and others who appricate hard work
    Here you go... A how to will be up by the end of the weekend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

That's crazy Merril. Sick job.

LT Staff

17. JDM FLOW

Everyone, please give some respect to Merril. It's his car, he can do whatever it wants to it...I mean, it's an incredible job that he's done so far when he's only 21 years of age. I give him props for doing all of this and taking the criticism.

Merril , you have one unique ride my friend :)

LT Staff

18. kennyjai

yo what happenned with the side fenders? did u put em on yet?? i wanna see what it looks like

19. JDM FLOW

Kenny to answer you're question, he has told me that he will be waiting to get a kit first which he has not choose yet. Once he decides which kit he'll be getting, he will add the fenders.

LT Staff

20. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Just thought you giys would like to know I recieved my Alpine DVD head unit today. I will be installing it tom/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]