XxLaNcErGTSxX progress

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by XxLaNcErGTSxX, May 8, 2008.

1. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

oh WOW i never saw that! LOLZ

2. GTS_Rob

3. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

ok, agian i was like everyone else. hating on this kid. but you know what, why do so? bc he has a lot of his own money to do with as he pleases? plus i dont see anyone in here thats been giving this guy a hassle put the time and money into their car like Merill. So what if he cant beat a RA or evo, still looks better, and is prolly faster than anyone elses on here thats N/A. Although, I dont know if youd be close to the RA considering AWD. that be a heck of a battle tho if you do push those numbers. well any way. this is supposed to be a community of Lancer ppl...not haters. so please dont cry anymore about the money he spends.

4. GTS_Rob

this is not hate, or opinion, or anything like that. It is Fact. ok?

no matter what, unless he buys a turbo kit, it will never even come close to being as fast as a RA. EVER. no hate in that statement rite???

this car stock has 117 whp. with his mods, maybe 130, maybe. but prolly not

RA has 222 AWHP stock.

never EVER gonna get there. we all gotta realize and see the light

5. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

ive never heard someone get so controversial over a statement like that. has it been tested? not yet, till then lets wait to see what happens, and if hes wrong at least hes trying......and a RA wont beat a 09 cobalt ss. sad huh?

6. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

Not hating or telling him what he should do with his money just shooting down stupid comments like "I'll be able to beat the 2009 Ralliart," or "Oh and BTW, 1 day this lancer will beat a stock evo X once she gets turboed...." Please.

7. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

agreed! theres no hate!

8. GTS_Rob

what does a cobalt have to do with anything? its marginally faster, UGLIER THAN SIN, and cant handle anywhere in the realm of the RA> the RA potential is way higher than the cobalt.derrrrrrrrrrr

but that is off topic to bring up a cobalt SS. it could have 5 million HP and it will be uglier than a Lancer.

but my point is that this car wont be up to RA standards especially with the CVT.

btw im not saying not to mod this car at all in any way.

9. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

WOW. All I have to say is WOW. Only on this site. We are all Lancer owners here. I dont think there is any X owners on here. Who ever mods there car we shoul all be cheering them on. Not just me but everyone. And it is a possibilty that a GTS can beat a stock 2009 Ralliart. If you turbo a motor and tuning it your way can give you alot of HP. Remember the TC-SST is basically a beefed up CVT. Its like its twin in a way. And yes I have seen stock Evos owned by other cars that were modedd a little. Actually on another fourm a X GSR got smoked by a cobolt. So you guys can say whatever you want but nothing touches my car in ways of looks, and mods. Not being a jerk but stating a fact. I dont know what people have against me I am just trying to make my car faster, and if you meet me in person I am a pretty cool guy

10. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

You know what amazes me? Its not so much this car anymore. Its seeing how this "Progress Report" has turned into a "Lets see what we can find wrong" post. I think there was a problem a long time ago when Merril said something or did something, it pissed some people off, and guess what the mods said? Handle it in PMs. And i think this should apply to this conversation as well. Why in the shit are you comparing car engine parts on a page that wasnt started by you and has nothing to do with the topic?

Seriously, you wanna slam on him, hate on him, comment on something he said, do it PRIVATELY! I hate seeing this post at the top of the list all the time because someone has a stupid comment to make about what anyone says. When you look at the forum description, it reads: "Here you will find automotive build threads from LancerTuners.com's membership. A great historical collection of whats be done and how its been done."

No where in there does say anything about ANYTHING that has been said in the past like 10 posts. I honestly think you are wasting Merrils post with incoherrant babble about sometihng he says. And yes i know, i am also taking part in it by talking about something irrelevant, but it pisses me off to see how people would rather burn you at the stake for you minor errors then congradulate you and bite their tounges for your achievements. I have been seeing this a lot, including on my own progress page. Guys, do you think we post pics of our rides so you can talk shit about something we worked hard for? I really dont think so.

So with this ill end my rant. Merril, i suggest you not post shit anymore, not for me or anything cuz i love to see this care, but so that you dont have to defend yourself from people who dont realize what this post was actually meant for. Good luck with your car mn, cuz i just love seeing this thing.

11. XxLaNcErGTSxX

^Thanks bro, but I never start anything. I always post up a mod an then boom it starts. I dont know.

12. TheDude

I know man, lol. I feel you. But serioulsy though, if it werent for some people i talk to here, who cant look at my car in person, and would like to see the pics, i woulndt post anything. They can look at a picture and judge everything, but they just dont appreciate anything you do for yourself. Remember something: what are THEY gonig to do when something goes wrong? "Oh man, im sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything." Thats all you can expect from any of us lol. Not because all of us are dicks, even tho there are some, but because its not our car. Do what you do for yourself and care about what you care. Look, i lost my front bumper friday night. Got it ripped right off. What is anyone going to do for me? Nothing, except comment that my paitn job isnt PERFECT. Just enjoy it man, cuz you never know when you gonna lose it. Look at that poor guy that totaled his lancer. You will never realize what you got until your losing it.

13. GTS_Rob

first CVT & the TWIN CLUTCH trannys are worlds apart. they share no parts, and are even made by different companys. in no way are they similar.

second, im sure you are a cool guy

third, DUDE, im not bashing his car, i think it is pretty sick. he has mods that i want to do to my car.

fourth, this is a FORUM where pepole post, and comments are made.

i am spewing no hate, just pure fact so people are so dissapointed with a finished product. a TURBO is the only chance this car has of being fast. PERIOD.

and if anybody can take anything i said and prove to me i am not telling ALL FACT. lemme know

me and hudson should be praised for being honest with people

14. TheDude

Your right. This is a forum. But, last time i checked, forums had rules about going off topic. This long ass page isnt about proving about turbo to you. This page is for Merril to post pics up of his car, and people either say yay or nay. THATS IT. Go discuss this in some other page. I mean, if you have something to say about something that he said, wouldnt it be a little be more decent of you to talk to him about it somewhere else other than his progress page? I mean really, you posted a fucking picture of the exhaust manifolds. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HOW MERRIL IS MODDING HIS CAR? i just hope this page doesnt get locked for you people screwing up his page with erronuos talk.

15. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Once again ROB check you PM

16. GTS_Rob

whatever, bro. my comments are about Merrils car, and have to do with comments he has said or has posted about his car. Going off topic is talking about a Cobalt, or arguing about or making comments on other peoples comments!derrrrrrrrrrr
    my pic of the manifold is justified as i was posting with merril regarding the PZEV system of the car. Talking about how fast it can, or will be is justified as well, as it pertains to PROGRESS. so i am done with you.

Merril. my apologies if you think i am talking crap on your car. that isnt the way it is at all. I very much like almost all the mods done to your car. I also think you should keep modding your car as much as you please, as will I to my car of the same model(GTS CVT 2.0 FTW)

17. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Hey xxlancergtsxx,

You said your car is a pzev? Was your car bought from PA?.. cause i thought only Cali had pzev emissions. Am I missing something. Cause I got mine from Maine (the only 08 blue gts around for bottom dollar).. now i'm afraid that i have a pzev lancer

18. XxLaNcErGTSxX

2 check, see if you have 2 cats.

19. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

That's it ha? That's a great theory you have there but in practice on any forum on the web it doesn't work that way. The problem is the people who say nay, such as myself or Rob, to this or any other car for that matter are demonized as haters for expressing our opinion. While I like some of the mods he did to the car overall I do not like how it turned out nor do I like the comments about it blowing away RA's or Evo's and I'm gonna call him on it. If you don't like it that's too bad. This is his progress page yes but when you post in a public forum you're bound to get mixed opinions.

20. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

I SUPPORT MERRIL
    F*** the hatazzzzz

:violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: