XxLaNcErGTSxX progress

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by XxLaNcErGTSxX, May 8, 2008.

1. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

I do not have a dyno near me, but we all know stock GTS CVT makes 127whp, so I will get it dynoed after the flash

2. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

The CVT is probably more around 115 or so...5-speeds put down about 127. Power loss through automatic tranny. Can't wait to see your #s :D

3. ibra1986z

ibra1986z Member

nice job man, ur car is looking really good. i just dont understand why alot of people are saying he should just get a evo if hes spending so much money on his gts, because its diffrent when u mod the car urself than the car already comes moded, some people enjoy working on thier own cars make them into the way they want, and take the time and money to make thier look nice and have a sence of ownership, if he buys an evo its just an evo. but if he builds his own GTS he can proudly say thats his "own"car and he can be damn sure nobody else has it. agian good job on the car man keep up updated.

4. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Look no more ECU. Headed out to WORKS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

be ready for 6 hp, not anything else. thats what the CVT 2.0 pzev gain is from works. 20 HP hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhh

17 hp gain on non-pzev
    6 hp gain on PZEV
    18 hp gain on 2.4

6. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Hey man why knock on the guy, i believe hes from PA so hes gonna get a 17 bump, not bad for $399. Correct me if I am wrong but you are trying to trade your GTS for a Ralliart...consider this, your GTS has depreciated in value considerably when you drove it off the lot. Selling/trading will result in a net loss of around $2,500+ after one year. Then you will be getting robbed from another Stealership with a $27,500+ ralliart because they will give you some bs saying its rare. Also the ralliart is heavy and its only 1 mpg better than a evo.

Conclusion, xxxLancerGTSxxx has made a wise economic decision with sticking to what hes got and beefing it up. The premium gas cost will be offset by the added mpg.

Keep up the good work xxxLancerGTSxxx!, I would reflash my lancer in a second but I just can't find the time to not drive my car to work for a week.

7. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Thanks bro^^. And what makes the car a PVEZ is the precat. With the precat gone I am now a FED, confirmed my Mitsubishi. Now I can have my ECU custom flashed. Talked to WORKS several times on numbers and such.

8. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Fact:
    Lancer GTS CVT FED makes 130hp at the wheels.
    Lancer GTS CVT PVEZ makes 120hp at the wheels.
    Now with my mods and take this how you will but the headers give me 9 at the wheels. (RRM DYNO). Injen CAI makes 8hp at the wheels. Greddy about 4hp at the wheels. With that there the CVt FED is up 2 Thats 141 hp est. at the wheels. With this ECU tune it will be about 161-165 hp at the wheels, confirmed by WORKS. With these plus my pully, I will be able to beat the 2009 Ralliart. Bc of the weight and all of this

9. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

i dont think u can beat a ralliart with these mods and the first rule about modding is that u never add numbers as it is... u dont simply add 9 + 4 + 8, it works as a whole not individually...

10. XxLaNcErGTSxX

With the weight and these mods it will be pretty close

11. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

btw not hate or anything im just being realistic but I could be wrong and I HOPE im wrong as those numbers would be pretty sweet for an N/A engine but im just saying dont get ur hopes too high... anyway lets wait for dyno and see what numbers u get

12. GTS_Rob

no no no no no you are still PZEV if you havent changed the intake manifold as well cmon now PUH LEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

13. GTS_Rob

works will tell you whatever to sell u stuff. good luck tho

14. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Wow you guys over here are quick to jump down peoples throats. I think every mod I do someone has a problem. I just dont get it

15. GTS_Rob

[​IMG]

no problems, just tryin to keep ur hopes realistic. 2.0 engine especially pzev, is weak. 2.4 if you want some NA power. you cant make a 2.0 as fast as the 2.4 stock. you could do every mod available and a bone stock 2.4 will say C-ya!

and i am a 2.0 guy. it just makes me sad

16. XxLaNcErGTSxX

I kno, but from that I got rid of the exhaust manifold and the precat and res

17. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

Quick question are you a 5-speed GTS_ROB? 12 hp is not a big enough difference in power to make the statement "C-ya!". A race between a 2.4 and 2.0 will come down to driver.

Back on subject:
    When do you expect the ECU back once it's shipped out Monday, Merril?

18. XxLaNcErGTSxX

They will get the ECU on Tues, turn it around the same day and they are overnighting it back to me. So wed I will have it back.

19. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

Maybe in Fantasyland.