Wossner Forged Pistons and stroker kit for 4b11!! $6,294.99

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by RALLIART, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I would rather burn up 2 tires than 4. And launch is the only thing the RA would have over a base Lancer. But I would catch you by 3rd gear.

Exactly

3. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

^^+1!! yes we could!!

4. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Evo MR tc-sst has more options then Ralliart's tc-sst... Launch control is one of them.

5. LancerRA09

who said anything about evo mr? Serious, what do you think you can run in a quarter

6. SeRious08

As I sit now, 14s.

7. LancerRA09

RA is said to run flat 14...just info..I guess the only thing to do is race em

8. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Dude what in the hell are you smoking! I'm not going to do all that shit to my damn car! It's a friggen BASE Lancer. It might be a GTS but if you trade that bitch in it is basically considered a BASE lancer. If I was going to waste that much money on the pos I'd just buy a new faster car. I agree with dude on the ralliart, our car is a grocery gettter and nothing more, hell even with a turbo. I'd much rather have a car that already has the speed from the factory then add on to it . Everyday I regret my purchase of my lancer. I wish I would have done research on the car before I just bought a nice looking car.

9. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

ouch, to each there own, but Ive never taken my car to go get groceries....

10. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I agree with Homie. Our cars aren't anything special in the first place. Even making them faster their still not as fast as other cars. I love my car but it's my daily driver/somewhat show car and that's all.

You wanna build a car go get an older Skyline or Supra or twin-turbo Rx7 or something and tune the shat outta that.

But what do I know... :roll:

11. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Wow you guys arent real "tuners" then lol. You how many people do engine swaps and tranny swaps+turbo and all kinds of stuff to there $500 hondas, and then come smoke the shit out of vettes and many other fast and modded cars all for under $15k. Its not always about the car you drive, its about the quality of the build. Of course you wont get all the glamour that comes with building a Skyline, Supra, or RX7, but you will get the praise. I myself wouldnt mind one of those cars, but add a GSX, EVO, or STI to the list. But since we are talking $ and possibilities between the base lancer and RA I agree with Serious.

12. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Okay then I'm not a real tuner. I just consider myself alittle smarter then dumping 10 or 15k in our shitty cars when the economy sucks. Last time I checked you can't eat your car, maybe if you make them fast enough some of you guys can outrun the repo man.

13. skullpr

then what are you waiting?? ive been to the drag strip already, unfortunately there was no time that day, so i dont have any numbers...but hopefully next wednesday ill be able to go again and now im sure theres time on wednesdays...why dont you go down to the strip and post your numbers...in your case you dont have to shift for shit, so you have nothing to lose...and then when Serious gets some off time im sure hes gonna take his and then everyone can see what a $37k RA can do compared to a modified base Lancer... :bom:

14. skullpr

very well said olvhec!!

15. johntango

johntango Active Member

Man I read throughout this whole argument - see you guys are arguing against a non-tuner... A non-tuner don't get it -- they will never understand - coz they do not have the required knowledge about a car - about its built or how to build -- they are just drivers and flashers -- give them a nice car - put some 200+ horsepower and that's it. We tuners - we take a barebone stock and turn it into something wild and obcourse we are not just going to let go from there coz we are going to keep on improving something or building something to make it better doesn't matter how much it cost -- BECAUSE ITS OUR PASSION. So its pointless for them to see what tuners see.

16. LancerRA09

Ok johntango, you go work at hardees on minimum wage pay making car payments and insurance on an 18 yr old male and see how long it takes you, ill have too many miles on the car to even think about putting a turbo on their, yes i love working on my car, its my passion that keeps me away from drugs and everything else, so dont tell me im not a tuner

17. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I may not be a "tuner" but I still put a lot of work into my car.

About all I can do workin' part time for $8.85 an hour lol

18. SeRious08

14 flat???? Everything I have found says between 14.2 and 14.5 with 237 hp at the crank.
    A stock manual GTS post numbers at 15.9 with 153 hp at the crank.

Wow!!! ONLY 1.7 seconds faster with professional drivers. If you seriously think that 1.7 seconds is worth and extra $20,500 then you need to be checked into a drug rehab hospital.

Oh, and to break you precious numbers down further -
    237 - 15% drivetrain lose = 201.45 whp
    237 - 17% (the average) drivetrain lose = 196.71 whp
    237 - 20% drivetrain lose = 189.6 whp

Those numbers are at 13-14 psi.

Now look at my car. I have proven dynos before the turbo that had me at 139 whp. The RRM turbo adds at a minimum 50% whp over stock whp on 6-7 psi.
    139 / 2 = 69.5
    139 + 69.5 = 208.5 whp

Hmmmmm seems I may already be running higher whp numbers than you at half the PSIs your are.

Bullyah!!!!!!

19. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

can we all just get along.......play nice guys or i will have to lock it up.... :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

20. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

why would you do an engine swap on a new engine? don't fix what aint broke, this ain't a $500 honda. when it breaks, upgrade. I say just stick to bolt ons for now. If you wanted a high performance car then you should have bought it that way; everyone knows modifcations come with complications. turbos flush your warranty down the toilet, don't get me wrong they are freakin sweet but when you buy a new car the warranty is bought within the price. If you want a track car or super street buy a nice body and do it ground up if you want to be a real "tuner". or buy a used cheap with no warranty!

i don't know about smoking a vette with a front wheel jammer... send a link or something from youtube. vettes compete with ferarris and such at least the top of the line corvettes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.