Wossner Forged Pistons and stroker kit for 4b11!! $6,294.99

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by RALLIART, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    You can't be serious??? You think a flash will give you an 35 whp???? And thats being generous. A stock Evo X running way more psi than you only put down 230 to the wheels.

And again, a base model lancer with $20,500 in mods will kill an RA.

2. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Dude with 20.5K difference that Serious is talking about (even thought I dont think its that much, sorry serious at least not for me). But anyways for him with that much money we could rebuild and stroke the engine with this kit that started the thread and then be able to boost alot more than your stock RA can dream of. Slap on a LSD and some suspension work and guess what.......

3. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Ok I'm tired of going round and round with you ppl. Were all Lancer family, why are we fighting? :D

4. SeRious08

Its not fighting. Its called debating. And right now, you are losing.

5. LancerRA09

Ok put it this way, do you think a base lancer tricked vs RA tricked without changing internals or motor swaps or anything like that, pure bolt ons, turbos, flashes, you think you can beat an RA, honestly...

6. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

pwned

7. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

4k for internals!?!?

That is insane!

So say I spend 7k on a turbo(plus install)
    and however much for the internals install (say 5k)

I'm going to have a badass car.......that my cvt transmission can't handle....so what's the point?

8. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

But we are talking about the money difference.

I have a manual :D .

9. SeRious08

He just doesn't get it. What he has already spent on his car we can do in mods. I literally can drop $20.5k in mods and that would be the same price as a stock RA. Do you know what RRM could do with a car and $20.5k??? You can make a full blown street legal track car that runs easily in the 9s. Last I checked an RA is only running 14s.

10. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

for starters...this just maid my evening!!
    second!!
    third!!
    no Serious he doesnt get it at all!! ive been trying to say this sense the beginning, a base model Lancer with loads of mods WILL beat an RA (whether its tricked or not) any day...even though we dont need to spend so much on our cars than he does...

LancerES09 please keep in mind that your comparing two cars that are very different from one another, and were including the fact that they are both "tricked out" like you say...another thing is that you really cant reinforce the RAs internals because they already are...who ever has the base model Lancer and gets the "stroker kit" in this thread automatically has a 2.3L engine and with a turbo compression ratio...there for Serious could smoke your ass if he were to put 15psi on that turbo (that we all want, BTW) of his...so im not even gonna mention the GTS which BTW is a 2.4L (hence, bigger, more powerful engine than yours), that with the right turbo setup could smoke you easily...

and like Ektor said....PWNED!!

11. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

But stronger internals with turbo on CVT = broken transmission

So my car is junk!

12. I Am God

I Am God Active Member

stroker kit for 2.4L plz? or is that even a possibility..our motors are already 4b11 bored n stroked..can the block handle even more of that? or are we askin for a blown motor here...

13. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

well if your driving a cvt and want to stroke and turbo the car i would suggest going to a junk yard and finding a totaled alancer with hardly any engine damagae and get there 5 speed and do a swap since you would already be dropping the money in a turbo and stroker kit it would be wise to protect the car with a 5 speed becuase when you blow the cvt it will cost 5 grand to fix yea know

14. SeRious08

My car = $16.5k
    My turbo + intstall = $4.5k
    Stroker kit with install = 4.5k

Total = $25,500.00

Thats still $17k LESS THAN what you paid for a stock RA!!!!!!

I will then have less compression (perfect for turbos) and stronger internals. Then I turn my boost from 6 psi to 14 psi to match you. I guarantee you I will win.

15. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

LancerES09, don't let them fool. The Ralliart comes with a lot more then just the internals. Turbo (piping, internals, whole 9 yards), AWD, SST, extras that the GTS doesn't have, and most of all a WARRANTY. Once turbo to our n/a has happened, that extra money (worked into invoice) that each person pays for the warranty is thrown down the drain. Many people will argue that building is better then buying, but to each his own. If I would have waited a few more months I would most likely have a Ralliart, or GSR..... o% financing = yummy!! :D

AWD = $$$
    WARRANTY = $$$
    SST = $$$
    other upgrades front base = $$$

It all adds up in the end

16. SeRious08

3 years 30,000 mile warrany aint that great dude. And if you build it right, warranty isn't needed/required.

AWD = :roll:
    Warranty = :roll: Mitsu doesn't cover crap as it is.
    SST = :roll:
    Extra weight from all that crap = :laughing5:

I don't think AWD is worth $17,000.

17. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I like this I can just sit back and read :D . No input needed becuase the bases are getting covered. I like AWD but eh, for the price 8O . Plus originally NA cars built is much more impressive.

18. EngRWW33

eehhhh.... you say that but it's not just AWD. But I know that you are well aware of the differences btw them.

Let me clarify my standpoint here, I am more or less arguing this fact for the sake of "the other side". I personally find no greater joy then DIY. No matter what the project if it is possible I am trying to do it myself. :thumbsup: Some like it done for them some like to do it themselves. It is all up to the person.

19. LancerRA09

I don't have 3 yr 30,000 mile, mines 10 year 100,000 mile. Plus dont you think all that power on a front wheel drive, your gonna burn tires like f.uck vs that power to all 4 wheels=better launch

20. EngRWW33

ralliart no launch control...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.