Wossner Forged Pistons and stroker kit for 4b11!! $6,294.99

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by RALLIART, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Lower compression has been proven time and time again to produce more power in turboed cars than high compression.

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

well to each his own, this may be a project way down the road

3. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

yea, but you know the amount of money there also paying on there insurance =p i think we save in the long run :D

4. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

+1, I wouldnt mind an Evo myself, but Ive made up my mind to someday make this car quicker than many Evos. Especially since many Evo people seem to think they are above Lancer people and cant hang out with them becuase they are so much "better".

5. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

6. LancerRA09

]quote]yea, but you know the amount of money there also paying on there insurance =p i think we save in the long run :D[/quote]

If they have the money for the evo, they'll have the money for insurance. I just think it's better to start with a better base, even an ra, but not everyone can afford it. i had an es and i was spending roughly $300 a month on car parts, if i were to save up for a turbo it wouldve taken me about 15 months. Now when i traded the car in i had it six months and had 13k miles on it. atleast now im starting low miles with a turbo and i can build this up with a stronger base.

7. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

^^^^^ yea, very true.

8. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

when you see it from your point of view it might make some seance, but im the case that you have a GTS with a 2.4L it may not...if i were to add a turbo to my car id still smoke the RA...hence we were the same amount of boost...and idk how much is the RA in the states but here in PR we get screwed for like 5k to 10k more for the same car...damn taxes...RAs start at 33k and EVOs at 43k (if im not mistaking), i got my GTS for 21700, and thats hella lot more than in the states...so be happy with your prices.. :D

9. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

$6k+????? WTF!!!

Ive seen the stock 4b11T with turbo and everything, the whole engine for less than $6k... this doesnt make sense.... to each its own

10. LancerRA09

It's cheaper on that other website its $4k

11. l_lancer1

l_lancer1 Well-Known Member

SeRious08 very true, i plan on waiting to do any serious plans with installing a turbo. probably about another year if anything. an hopefully this kit will have gone down. an to be honest it probably will just because not everyone can afford this kind of a kit.

12. LancerRA09

With interest I'm paying $37k if I pay out the whole 7 years. Yes you may beat an RA with a turbo but your bolt ons w/ turbo compared to mine, even with works flash, ill win. I'll prolly be at 300 if not very close at the end. And my base was built for a turbo. Your running more of a risk.

13. skullpr

now your just comparing a turbo charged car with an NA...if id beat you with only bolt-ons id seriously suggest you burn your car... :D

14. LancerRA09

No what I'm saying your car tricked vs mine, you def will lose cuz your car can not handle 300 hp

15. skullpr

come on man...get real...are you trying to tell me that if i were to upgrade my internals (whenever they come out) and install a turbo with a kickass setup i wont be pulling more than you??how much can that 2L do???yeah it has turbo but then we would be more on a same level...the biggest diff would be our tranys...so basicly what your saying is that two engines with same amount of reinforced internals, both on turbo and one being .4L bigger than the other the 2L will still kickass...sorry bud, i wouldnt bet on it...

16. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

A built 4B12(T) w/ LSD and a good driver will give a modded Ralliart a run for its money. No question about that. It's building that 4b12 to be able to hold high amounts of boost at a reasonable cost that is the real question here. Only time will tell I guess.

17. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Are you still smoking crack???????? Get serious!!!! I paid $16.5k for my car with interest. Thats a $20.5k difference between our cars. Are you saying that if I drop $20.5k into my car that I wouldn't toast you???? Please.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

18. LancerRA09

Ok lets look at it this way, my car with works flash will be pushing around 265 to the wheels your car with turbo 210 at most my car with works flash fully redone exhaust and intake will smoke yours hate to say it

19. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lol are you the same guy that went into the Civic Si Vs. Lancer thread and said your RA would smoke it? lmao

show some humility man. yes we all know you have an R/A but jesus get over yourself.

that shit made me laugh so hard that you HAD to say your boosted AWD car would smoke an Si.

20. LancerRA09

Ok I'll just let merrill take it over and we can see what wins...your boosted base lancer or his tricked out RA once he gets it. this will be interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.