Wossner Forged Pistons and stroker kit for 4b11!! $6,294.99

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by RALLIART, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Re: Wossner Forged Pistons and stroker kit for 4b11!!!

Keep in mind this is a stroker kit, that alone is gonna add power, your going from a 2.0L engine to a 2.3L engine. But it is dropping compression so this would be ideal for a turbo setup. As far as I know your gonna need to go to a machine shop to get your block bored out.

2. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Sounds cool. Once I find a job this will definatly be something I'll consider buying.

3. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

for full use of these forged internals there is much work to be done on the block. The block will become the weak spot after this upgrade. 4b11T's block is specialty coated for boost applications. 4b11 is not!

Reasoning behind Turbo kit, then rebuild. I personally am not going to save $8k to do internals and turbo at the same time. I don't have that kind of discipline. Lower compression ratio is more for turbo application. If you want to stay N/A, you are going to want higher compression ratio, this is not the kit for you. Therefore, why would you build up internals before turbo??? This would be a pointless act even with the higher displacement. If you do turbo kit first, adding forged internals is going to let you turn up the boost.... :diabloanifire: This is where you will see the benefits of stronger internals!

4. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

LancerES09 or should we say LancerRA09...lol...you would also benefit a lot from this stroke kit since you already have turbo!! :twisted: :twisted:

olvhec you do have a point, thanks for that clarification...

EngRWW33 what i meant for turbo first, then rebuild is...im not gonna be ignorant as to add a turbo to a NA engine without reinforcing the internals first...i would deff take my time to have it done the right way so i dont have to rebuild...in other words im not trying to break/blow it...thats what i understood on your prior post...sry for any misunderstanding... :D

5. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Yes, I would love to benefit from this, cuz I love all these ricer civics that wanna rev up to me, even tho i can blow them away to begin with, it'll be less stress on my internals

6. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

So there is no way for this to be beneficial unless you combine it with a turbo?

7. LancerRA09

It will yes, but the stock 4B11 block will be your weak point. The 4B11T is a little bit stronger so it can handle the compression and boost better

8. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I will get it.... eventually.... like next year. :D

9. LancerRA09

Make a how to! JKJK =P

10. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Can't give a definate but most likely not because of the low compression ratio. Why go for forged internals if not turbo???

11. LancerRA09

Plus your block will be your weak point

12. dynasty3695

dynasty3695 Well-Known Member

sry if this is kind of noobish question =p when you guys say that you would have to machining the block, what would need to be machined exactly? just the bore size for the pistons? or is there much more?

13. LancerRA09

ya their prolly a little bit bigger then stock pistons, so youd have to get it boar'd out

14. dogdog130

dogdog130 Well-Known Member

15. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

16. dogdog130

dogdog130 Well-Known Member

n/p i am bored at work so why not

17. SeRious08

I should have that next year. :D Plus by then, lets hope its cheaper. One thing that I really would like to see are cams. I need some turbo cams dang it!!!!

18. LancerRA09

idk but to me wouldnt you be better off getting an evo, cuz if you think about it once you get done you'll have replaced everything internals, added turbo, new head, new tranny, idk just an idea

19. SeRious08

Some of us true enthusiast prefer to build it than buy it. 8)

20. LancerRA09

Also your stock compression ratio is 10:1, why go with 8.8:1???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.