"Works" Flash ECU Questions

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by oshusttoley, Dec 6, 2009.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Thats not completely accurate. Did you ever see my pics of it completely installed?? You can't even tell. The wires coming from the ECU are only wrapped in electrical tape. Thats a 5 minute job to make it appear stock again. In fact, the dealership never asked me about it. I even had to point it out to them.

And another thing, sure WORKS will cover the warranty if the flash is found to mess something up. But, they won't cover a reflash if the dealership flashes it back to stock.

2. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Personal opinion, if you are going to change the ECU in any way, you might as well do it right. ECU flash will change air/fuel ratios, rev limit, timing, etc. The piggy will NOT change all of the above. That is why there is also a timing module. In the end, for $350 you can get a fully functioning flash that will give at least 10hp (much more for 2.4 or with supporting mods), or a black box that might give you 8hp. I would not consider bothering with any piggybacks, especially because I do my own service so mitsu will not be reflashing anything on my car. Yes, I do agree that being without the ECU for 3 days (overnight shipping) is a bit of a pain...

BTW, Works has stated that if the dealer reflashes for some reason, they will take care of you. That is why you keep receipts.