Works axel-back

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Wasper, Dec 14, 2007.

1. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

ENJOY!!!
    "Post was taken from a post by JAMIE of work's on evom"

Yes, you have I was having a little trouble uploading onto our server, so YouTube will have to do for now. The first couple are free-revving while stationary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhqIeN3sGDk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrEcCiLqwuw

The last two are while driving around our facility at Infineon. They didn't quite make the grade as Mother nature wasn't fully cooperative as there's a lot of "background" noise because of the wet ground. (At least it wasn't raining).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqompaSnzdA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT7tMdjWyE8

We'll be doing some more driving clips in nicer weather and I'll try and capture some dyno pulls while the engine is under load. Enjoy!

2. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ thanks for the links... it actually sounds pretty good... but I still dont see paying almost $300 for a ipe and tip, lol.... just go down to the mufflershop and have it done for $50 :D

3. FinestGTS

yeah if it wasn't for the upcoming Injen ses, i probaly would have gotten the Greddy or works. But the works just being a pipe is a downer. I rather see a muffler. But like you said. It did sound pretty nice for being just a pipe so props to WORKS :)

4. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

yeah, it does sound quite nice. But like you said, its a pipe. Most muffler shops could even make you a simple bolt-on axle back like that too. But there is some trial and error with bending a piece of pipe that long right to the bumper.

5. gts08

gts08 Member

Maybe its just me, but why isn't it really loud without a muffler? I really like the sounds, its one the best I've heard actually. But I don't want everyone to hear me a mile away.

6. egret85

egret85 Well-Known Member

Awesome, Sounds Great. Very surprised that it is not super loud without a muffler. I think I just found my new exhaust :lol:

7. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

its sounds nice..but I feel like I'm nt gettin wat i pay for

8. It's because the federal specs for example have like two cats an two resonators. I took my muffler off and checked that out and doesn't sound loud as I was expecting to.

9. FinestGTS

Fed has 2cats 1 resonator.
    Pzev has 3cats 0 resonators.

10. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

and may i ask where the third cat is on the pzev cuz i looked under but i only saw two so wheres the third ?

11. FinestGTS

their is one basicly right after the header, then their is 2 on the bottom you can see by just laying down and looking under the car.

12. blacksheep818

i guess i got to look this over but thanks for the info :thumbright:

13. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ I just checked the exhaust specs in the maitnence manual and the PZEV models only have two cats and the fed have one.

The PZEV models have a cat directly after the header, then the second one right after that.

The Fed models have a downpipe after the header and then the cat after that.

Edit ***

Check the pic... the Fed has 1 cat and 2 res ... and the PZEV has 2 cats and 1 res

[​IMG]

14. blacksheep818

thanks for the pic helps

15. FinestGTS

that big blug thing in that back is a cat not a resonator.
    The one in teh back is another cat and on pzev is also has a precat.
    so thats a total of 3cats 0 resonators pzev.
    and 2cat on fed car and 1 resonator.

16. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

too many cats and res and whatever...... :x

17. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ Im pretty sure that thats a res in the rear... theres no 02 sensors back there.

The fed has one 02 sensor before and after the cat. The PZEV has one before the first cat, inbetween the two cats, and one after the second cat.

The buldging area in the rear is just a large res. I had my car at a speed shop a few days ago to get a quote on a custom axel-back... and the guy even said I had 2 cats and a res on my car, and I got the PZEV.

Also, I never seen a cat that is welded into the exhaust.. they usually always put flanges at cat points in order to change them when they go bad, but that back bulge is welded.

I could be weong, but to me it looked like a res when the speedshop guy had it on the lift.

18. FinestGTS

Ok maybe your right :).

Either way PZEV SUCKS LOL

19. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ true that ,lol

20. Zyvorg

Zyvorg Active Member

nice sound, im going to make a custom axle back for my car soon