What would you do? muffler or SRI?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by NoFEAR, Jun 4, 2009.

1. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

manual. it makes more sense now that you explain, when you said they dont work on auto cars I was like whaaat. but yeah I know AEM only makes them for manual, which is what I have, but some other maker might have a CAI for the auto tranny, Im not sure.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I've looked....... A LOT. Trust me, I wanted a CAI a lot more, but I couldn't find anyone that sold one. So I gave in and went for the SRI. It'll last me a few more months, then my Talon will be available to me, then all modification to the Lance stop. Lol.

3. BringDownTheSky

thats cool. I had a DSM, I love those things man.

4. 1slowlance

Tell me about it. I drove a friend of mine's 93 TSi, and fell in love with it. Ever since I've been looking for one to buy, and finally found one.

5. BringDownTheSky

nice, only thing is, DSM 4g3s are goddamn money pits because the engine will give you hella problems. but when they are running, they are theeeeee shit.

6. 1slowlance

Lol. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks man. Appreciate it. We 7G's gotta stick together. Not too many of us on here. Mostly newer Lancers. lol.

7. BringDownTheSky

Im sayin haha.

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

off topic-I have had DSMs most of my life starting with a mighty max, a 1g gst, a starion, 2g gst and a 2g gst spyder. show pics of them if you still have them.

9. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I would say intake

you gotta breath before you exhale

10. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

I say muffler because these cars arent built for speed so an intake wont help much

11. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

neither would a muffler

12. 1slowlance

A CAT-BACK EXHAUST would help more than an intake.

13. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

an intake will also better your gas milage a bit too, so if you think about it, it kind of pays for itself in time. I've noticed my gas milage got better.

14. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

I would say header!!

15. BringDownTheSky

so thats why you build them for speed. get the intake son. than a full exhaust system. your car will feel alot more free.