Weight reduction on a new lancer??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by mpirklbauer, Oct 2, 2008.

1. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Exactly...

and... i gutten my whole trunk and back rest of the back seat for the audio system.. and road noise went up A LOT!

2. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

^ yea, exhuast said hey whats up cant talk to your girl friend on the phone lol

3. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

might wanna keep those airbags in the car... never know what might happen... those will save your life someday... not a smart move removing those

4. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

trade it for a 09 wrx :twisted:

5. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

but removing them adds horsepower :(

6. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

For every 100 pounds removed from car you can expect 1/10 of a second off your quarter mile time. Not really practical for daily driven, non-racing lancer

7. 96Blacksunshine

Def. not worth removing airbags. My airbag saved my life 6 weeks ago. Just do the hood and trunk. The hood on my car is frikkin heavy! I imagine a CF hood would help on the weight issue

8. 96Blacksunshine

It doesn't add horsepower, it just changes hp to weight ratio.

9. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

i won´t buy a cf hood or trunk, because they are to expensive and i will have to paint them in the color of my car.

i still adding some performance parts like the pulley and the rrm header.
    last Friday i received my K&N airfilter and it´s extremely a different to the stock.

now the power came up from 3000 rpm.
    hope it will go down with the pulley and the header

10. 96Blacksunshine

I would think so. Most people are saying they felt a bi difference in their throttle response with the pulley. I should be getting mine soon also.