wax on! wax off!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by blk_out_gts, Apr 18, 2008.

1. blk_out_gts

blk_out_gts Well-Known Member

thanks guy for the input and if there was someone that could say what they use on a black car that would be good cuz i have used some stuff on my car that doesnt work so well but then use it on another color and its like glass... so idk.. thanks again

2. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

there's some wax thats kinda expensive and it's used for boats... let me see if i can find it again, but i heard it works wonders... sec i'll go search

3. Bryn1987

I found it... the product is called Royal Blue... it is used for A LOT of show cars, the wax is mainly for preserving old cars that you don't want to lose its shine and especially for brand new cars since it's a carnauba wax which well like i said is used to preserve ur car's paint...

http://elite-products.net/index.html

the product is pretty expensive but from what i've heard WELL worth the price... it's not sold in stores so u have to order it

4. Ironballz

Ironballz Active Member

I use Zaino.

I've tried Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid and Mother's Caranuba stuff before and I admit it they do a great job at keeping your car shiny but I find with traditional wax, you have to reapply once every month or so to keep it shiny.

Since Zaino is a synthetic polish (and no it does not strip clear coats), it lasts much longer. They recommend using Zaino once every 6 months.

Here's what I just did a couple of weeks ago.

Washed with Dawn dish soap and water.
    Dry using a waffle weave towel.
    Clay bar my car to remove rail dust.
    Washed again using Zaino's car wash and dry.
    Applied 3 coats of Zaino show polish.

My car is super smooth and shiny now :)

www.autopia.org is a great website for car detailing.

Oh for interior dash and trim I used 303 Aerospace protectant...awesome stuff. Doesn't leave the car too shiny like the crappy armor all / simoniz stuff but more importantly it protects your plastics / vinyls from UV and fading.

Somebody once said somewhere "what happens to wax at high temps? it breaks down but since Zaino is synthetic, it doesn't suffer from that" or something like that lol...and that pretty much sold me on Zaino...well that and pictures of cars after being Zaino'd. Zaino seems to be a fave among bmw owners.

5. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

Any tricks on getting tree sap off? I've got this little spot in between my wiper fluid jets. No idea how it got there either, considering I don't park under trees, or anything that a bird can land on...

But for some reason those damn seagulls still manage to bomb my car right after I wash it

6. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Don't park under a tree sap tree?

7. Arcanas

<headdesk> I just said I didn't park under trees...

8. Bryn1987

just a reminder to everyone DO NOT use dawn if you do not plan on waxing ur car at that moment, the point of using dawn is to completely strip your car of wax so that you can rewax it... either way, i wouldn't recomend using dawn because it's very harsh not only on ur wax, but also can be on ur paint...

9. Ironballz

Ironballz Active Member

Clay bar would be the best and safest method. Just make sure you follow the directions and lubricate the area well with soapy water!

10. Ironballz

Ironballz Active Member

Very good point on waxing after using Dawn...I used Dawn because I wanted to remove any wax that was already on the car from the dealer before I applied Zaino. I wouldn't recommend washing with Dawn all the time.

11. Arcanas

Thanks man, I'll need to run to Kragen then.

12. Volder

Volder Well-Known Member

well,
    1st i use meguiar next gen soap, then dry it , then Quick detailer, if needed clay bar, then next gen wax. Very good products, better than turtle wax wich i used in the past.

13. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

actually if u use The clay bar and then u use ice it wont leave swirl marks , plus u have to use the micro towels in order not to get any swirls , those ruff towles leave hella swirls. also gotta know what ur doing cuz any product can work if u know how to buff it out and clean it real good, its all on u if ur lazy or not.