TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by LancerGTS, Aug 10, 2007.

1. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

3 in piping is one of the worst things u can do on a low boost car, boost creep will be a nightmare to control.

also 8 psi is alot of boost for the 4b11, there are alot of shops that do civic turbo kits, but this is a whole new ball game. can bus FTL :D

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

... not to mention the tuning for the ECU.

3. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

No I haven't. I'll look it up, why?

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Biggest part of forced induction!!!!!

5. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

I was thinking bout that ECU RRM is already selling, but I guess we'll need a diff ECU once the Turbo is out wouldnt we???

Advise me before I spend the money... Plus i dont think the current ECU will be that big of a deal, i havent seen people posting reviews yet...

6. bras_33

please dont say "we," That pertains to those who want it. I dont. Butt yes a different ECU will be needed, unless the current one has a cd that you can tune properly or other hardware.

7. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Ok, I exclude you from the "we" list. thanks for your reply anyways :wink:

8. SeRious08

The current RRM piggy back ECU isn't tuned for forced induction applications. Sure you could buy it with the program cd and tune it yourself.

This is one reason why RRM turbo kits are more $$$. They come with EVERYTHING. Thats to include a pre-tuned piggy or ECU. Anyone can pickup a turbo from ebay and slap it together. But the tuning is key and it better be dead on. I would trust RRMs tuning before "Joe" at my local shop playing around with a tuning program that he doesn't know.

9. bras_33

JOE who?...JOE COUSIN!!!, LMAO,j/k :D

10. SeRious08

No, Joe Momma.

11. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC GUYS

12. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

well i really look forward to pics prices and such

13. BrianRRM

as i posted in another topic we started the turbo car yesterday, everything is going well we just need to do a few more changes and then off to dyno and tune. :D

14. BrianRRM

15. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

man i wish you guy gave it a little rev for the vid. lookin good though.

16. BrianRRM

yeah i was the only one in the shop at the time, once i get the exhaust on and recirc the wastgate i will post another video.

17. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Which exhaust? Your guy's exhuast or the stock exhaust.

18. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

sweet man, awesome cant wait but i will,looking forward to the next video,sounds like its almost finished.how much more you guys have left to do on it?

19. BrianRRM

we are using our axle back exhaust.

just a few more tweaks to the wastegate and tuning, it is pretty close now. :D

20. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

:D made my day lol