TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by LancerGTS, Aug 10, 2007.

1. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

i am not trying to discourage people either way, people wil buy what they want, i just know that they contacted us to ask of we would do the fuel management on that car because it was not able to be driven without out going into limp mode.

2. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Its not on dry pavement, and its not in a straight line. They sat the car with the front wheels in puddle of water and took off turning. Yea my car can do that sitting in a puddle of water and then going up to redline line then shifting into second into a turn. So could my 1992 berreta.

Look im not saying RRM is doing great things bringing products to the masses of lancerheads. But I just dont appreciate the undertone to their comments towards other companies products. Makes me question their care for the comsumer. If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

3. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Back on topic before I have to delete this entire thread....

4. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

If thats true then its not a "real" HKS built turbo kit, because HKS has more than enough resources to make a fuel management solution, probably just has HKS parts on the car :evil:

5. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

can you guys make a video with the car not sitting in a puddle of water? :roll:

6. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

There is a video of a turbo burnout without a puddle of water, and its in a straight line. Its link is in this thread.

7. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

hmm looks like someone had a change of heart :roll: , now your keeping up with all the stuff RRM is doing. :roll: :roll:

8. Subawho

I keep up with everything because it means I know what I am talking about. Ive read everything RRM and other shops have said since the 08 Lancers came out, hence me being able to make the decisions I have.

9. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

yeah right just come out and say it!! you love RRM and already have 7000 dollars saved up to buy your lame ass turbo kit :wink: .

10. Subawho

Actually right now I have $100 saved up and might not be able to do the next autocross because Im gonna owe a huge amount for taxes on my investments.

No turbo for me. Guess you'll have to find a car to ride in elsewhere :p

11. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

haha no lame ass turbo kit for you, :twisted:

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

one day I'll own one. Hopefully by the time I'm ready, there'll be 3 or 4 companies to choose from

13. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

hey anyone who would like come on down to the shop, we would be more than happy to take u for a ride in the car and we will do all the straight line burnouts that u would like. :D :D

14. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

man i would love to ride in your lancer,i liked in your video how 2nd pulled,that got me going.it looked like before the vid. ended that it just took off from there.anyway you can do some drive by videos,and some in car videos? :D :D

15. Bladed

Bladed Member

Works isn't working on a turbo kit. Jamie made this post in another forum
    "The turbo has been under discussion for some time, but nothing definitive at the moment." - Feb 26, 2008, 05:24 PM Jamie from works

Back on topic tho, the RRM turbo kit seems really nice. I can't wait to see some gains (stock vs. turbo dyno) and a price. Im also very interested in what the CVT can do.

16. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

yea.. we all are interested to see what the CVT can do.. I think personally its gonna be faster than the manual.. I also think its gonna be adjustable cause everything is electronic with our tranny...

17. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

well well well, i am impressed with the kit. I want it now, i am flying out to chill out with RRM at their shop!! I WISH hahahah. but yeah, brian and rob i have $900 saved up... and thank god that the season is just beginning. Hopefully this kit will be out by summer, i will be buying it by the end of summer.. I will work my a$$ for it!!!

18. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

has anyone taken a test ride in the turbo'd 08?? whats going on with the CVT?

19. Fokado

Fokado Member

Wow, a whole lot of mis-informed people on this thread, it seems like no one here has ever seriously tuned a car before.

A CVT turbo will be unequivocally faster than the manual. (although this will be less evident in smaller turbo/less boost cars) Tuned automatic turbo cars are ALWAYS faster in a straight line than their manual counterparts due to the fact that you do not lose boost every time you shift, this will be even more prominent on a CVT car which can hang at the same RPM (which means you never, ever lose boost because you do lose a little boost in regular autos when they shift) all the time. The problem with CVT transmissions is that they're built for fuel efficiency and economy, not for racing. This is why you may have to make mods to things like your transmission oil cooler to boost your CVT. A belt is really not enough to handle a severe amount of horsepower or a ton of boost. If CVT's become stronger in the future and do not need as much cooling, you will see them everywhere on the street as well as on the track.

Also, automatic transmissions also build boost right out of the hole while manuals do have more lag.

This is also one the reasons (among many others) you will start seeing dual clutch/semi automatic turbo cars from the factory (Evo X) because you don't waste boost when you shift.

In fact, the reason I bought a CVT is because it will be the faster fully built turbo car.

Ask anyone who drives a tuned Supra, they will tell you that automatic is the way to go. In fact, ask anyone who knows the first bit about turbo'd cars and they'll tell you automatic is the way to go.

20. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

or just go to the track and you'll see that 70% of the REAL track cars are auto ;)