The Dude's End =(

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by TheDude, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Re: The Dude's Lancer: CF HOOD BABAY!

Nice job so far man, clean ride and there's a meet next Friday hopefully people will actually come!

2. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Very Clean Dude keep that shit up!

3. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Dont worry Chris, ill be there in the next meet. I need those damn decals lol Also i want Tom to take some of his sick talented pictures to post em up here and SOFL. Think im going to pass by my local shop here to see how much the install for the screen will be. Will let you know how it goes

4. JDM FLOW

Alright.

5. TheDude

Ok guys im a lil concerned today. This is my first aftermarket hood, and my first vented hood. My car is extremyl dirty and needs a bath. Im worried about the vents and the water that will fall in. Will anything happen to anything inside the engine bay? Any advice would be great. This problem is also a big thing with rain, should i be worried about it too?

Jake, you got the Evo hood thats very simillar. Any tips?

6. moon

moon Active Member

wow i really like this hood, its been getting more and more temping to go aftermarket carbon, but i really want to keep my lancer more "fortis" and less "evolution" style. but damn....the dude...its looking really good haha :p

maybe the version of this hood without the center vent would match mine more? what do u think?

7. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

hey wat r u using for upkeep on the hood still not sure wat to use on my c/f hood

8. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I have had an open vent in my hood since 2002 and no worries here...

9. JDM FLOW

Lancermike, to answer you're question is, after you wash the ride, always wax the CF goodies right after so it don't turn all yellow...

10. TheDude

Thanks for the advice Flow and prophet. Glad to know im not gonna have to buy my car a snorkel. My girl wants to get me a touch screen mutlimedia, but im still looking for good ones out there. Any tips would be great.

11. TheDude

So yea, Anyone know where to get a Lojack from, or some other form of security? I already have a clifford on there, but today my gf passed by my office and saw to wanna be thugs hanging around my car and scoping out the inside of it, most likely to try to break into it. Ive been through too fucking much with this car to hand it over to a pair of douchebags.

12. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

Yea idk what it is with people checking out the lancers. I mean sure it's good that people like them but we don't need anything stolen. LoJack is a good form of security but i do not know how much it is to install and use. I do know it does have a high rate of success. The only problem is response time of the 5-0.

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I can prolly get it cheaper through streetunit... ill check tomorrow

14. TheDude

The Dude's End

Many of you are wondering what this post is about. I regret to inform you that i am officially done with my car. No, this is not a good thing. Yesterday afternoon, one of the wires from the newly installed amp, or the amp itself lit to flames while i was driving. The smoke immediately let me know something was going on. I got out the car and opened my trunk, and saw that there was a fire. I didnt have anything to put it out, and the smke nearly made me pass out. So i had to get away from my car. And slowly, very slowly, i watched as my car went up in flames. To be quite honest, i dont feel like its true. After the hard work i put into that thing. And now, it was all undone in a matter of minutes. You probably dont believe me. Well, im sad to say that it is true:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Re: The Dude's End

OMG that's horrible!!! I'm soooo sorry!!! Wow, those pics actually made me tear up... :( *hugs*

What about insurance coverage? Will it get you a new Lancie???

16. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

wow bro i never thot it would look that bad
    i had the fortune to see this car at its best
    and it was just beautiful
    this makes m want to cry carlos

17. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

sorry man...i know what its like to lose a ride you love and put so much into. hopefully, your insurance will help you out in getting on the road agin.

18. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Sorry to see this happen but I am just glad you are okay...

19. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

X2 to what jason said. Atleast you didnt get hurt

20. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

X3 and i think i died a little inside when i saw this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.