The Dude's End =(

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by TheDude, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

eh at HIN there looking for more than this though
    you need screens an all that crap also lol

2. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

+1 that is why im not entering, even tho i am mroe than qualified to enter. As ive read on the forums, somepeople have won prizes for best in class with barely any mods. Shit, imagine mine lol. Still dont know about towers Tom, shit we need to do a meet down here FOR ONCE lol. We gotta bring a shit load of lancers down here to mark our spot.

3. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

technically you only need 4 visible mods and you are good.. the only "mandatory" mods are rims and suspension, and they never pay attention to that... at HIN orlando we had 32 cars in our booth this year, and although most of them were doing over 300whp, they didnt look that modified on the outside...

in other words, you guys are more than fine to be in there...

now if you wanna go there to win shit, thats a diff story... one of our cars was making 460whp with dyno sheets, over $15k worth of mods and didnt win crap... unless you have a transformer, dont expect to win anything at HIN ;)

4. goof

goof Well-Known Member

which kind of body kit is that?

5. TheDude

Its the GT Concept bodykit. Same one on KRUs lancer, cept silver, and i did a custom job on the rear for the dual exhaust. Side skirts that are on in the pictures are hte stock GTS ones, not the GT. I will have the GT ones on by tomorow, if not latest sunday. Pics will be up

6. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Did it fit good?

7. TheDude

For a body kit it fit pretty dam good. Rear only needs a minor adjustments, but its simple. One thing i was dissapointed with was the front bumper. The bottom of the kit does not reach the water guards under the car, therefore, causing my bumper to shake alot on high speeds, which also makes my headlights bobble. not a big deal, but its something i want to work on. The lower part of the side skirts do not reach the screw holes under the car, so some more modifications need to be made. Im droppnig it off tonight and seeign if ill hve em on by tomorow. The mitsu grill was a bitch to get in there lol was a real tight fit.

Overall i am extremely hapyp with it. i think its the best use of my car money so far. Except for the fact that every shopping center in miami is above street level, therefore, makin me scrape EVERYWHERE. But no matter, i take very good care of her.

8. TheDude

So i take my car to have the side skirts put on. Turns out i got there too late and the shop was closed. So i tried turning around to make a 3 point turn. When all of a sudden i drive into a hole in the floor, where the entrance to one of the garages is. It cracks part of my front bumper like class, rips it off the screw whole by the tire, and leaves it dangling. Oh and it scrapes my headlight too. So instead of having my car back for the weekend, i wont have it till Tuesday lol. Some luck eh? Well, if everything is all fine and dandy maybe ill post some pics of the finally over due finished project.

9. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

hmm, shitty hole in the ground at a body shop....coincidence, I THINK NOT, they prob put that shit there

10. TheDude

So igot my car back today. The body kit is completely on now. Your wondering now, where are the pics? Well i am a lil disappointed as to how the sideskirts came out. The exact same way they are now is exactly what i DIDNT want to happen. I compared both my car to KRUs, and they are definitely different in the way my side skirts came. This, however was not by fault of any of my people, but rather of the kit itself. It did not measure up the way it should have. It was very off, but i guess now i really cant do damn diddly shit about it :(

Im gonna search around town to see if any place would want to adjust the THE WAYTHEY SHOULD BE. Sux that it has to come out of my pocket, again :cry:

11. blkdout1

blkdout1 Well-Known Member

beautiful car, which i could afford that kit it look amazing, who installed your auto start, and how does it work with the fast key? if someonme is in your car can they turn the key ti accesory w,o the box, even tho the car is on?

12. TheDude

I do not have the easy key. I cant stand that stuff.

A local shop down here that im good with did the full alarm setup.

13. TheDude

Re: The Dude's KIT IS ON!!

Well, i been missing alot on here, but i aint gone guys 8)

So, your wondering : What ever happened to the Dude? WEll its very simple. I got my LEDs, have them installed, need a lil bit of adjusting, but thyell be ok. Getting the adapter to connect the to what used to be my fog lights cables. After 2 days of having my car back fron having my side skirts molded, i ripped off my rear bumper with those parking blocks, thingies. THANK GOD Extreme Dimensions are bad asses and this body kit is Duraflex, if not id be running with HALF a rear. Luckily, only a corner is fucked, which is defintely fixable. My trunk, however, is was pulled in to and is now dented. IT could be fixed, but it just looks randomly hideous. Im tired guys :( i been throguh so much with this car and let me tell you i was to the point that day to sinking that fucker in a river. But since it was my birthday sunday, i didnt wnna spoil my mood. Soo, tomorow my car will be in the shop once again and hopefully it wont have to go there for a bit.

Now for the bad news, good news scenario: Bad news is, after 3 months of waiting on reserve for the Carbon Fiber GT concept Hood, i got asked the homies over at ED to see if my hood was ready to pop over, since today was the suposed ETA. Turns out, guy tells me that it wont be comming in..... at all. Like not at all.... But instead, they will be sending me somthing else, something yall will like to see. But i aint gonna tell ya :) Maybe when i get the 100% go for it from them, i will post up the pic of it. Stay tuned

14. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Re: The Dude's Lancer...updated status

Some things do happend for a reason, always look on the bright side. :drunken: :drunken:

15. TheDude

[​IMG]

Hmm... look what ive gone on and done..... Finaly got my lights on. Let me know what ya think (camera fone at night..sue me)

16. cramm

cramm Well-Known Member

Looks great in my opinion.. :D

17. bdan88

bdan88 Member

I see you got the GTS concept kit by Duraflex.... I was looking to get that too. would the JDM foglights fit in its original spot?

18. TheDude

Any fog lights will fit, its a very large gap. However, you will need the shop to custom fit it for you cuz it aint a perfect fit. IMO i prefer it w/o fogs (and this is coming from someone who had them). I of course, did something else, but i think it looks much cleaner w/o the fogs. Still, its upto you.

19. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

looks sick what did you happen to put in there for the fogs?

20. TheDude

I put nothing in the fog slots. Those are small holes on the lower part of the bumper, and i put LED strips in them. One of them seems to be a lil off hue, seems even purplish. Will figure out whats wrong tomorow. Hood came in today. Tomorow=INSTAL AND PICTURES!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.