taillight with black housing

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by vik2rius, Feb 6, 2008.

1. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Use a torch and you are guaranteed to ruin them. Bake the tails, its the only way to go, and just pay attention to what you are doing.

2. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

heres a vid of a guy doing his headlight on his tiburon he baked them so it should be the same for the taillights so this should help you out on how to do it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nkwMlNu0Eck

3. voidedwarrenties

voidedwarrenties Well-Known Member

Here is the ones from my tiburon. Their is a pic of the tail lights also. I taped them off around the turn lights and brakes and all that good stuff. Also one for good luck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

^ nice chick oh and car...

5. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

^ +1 said it before I did.

6. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

yo that video was a great help...thanks blacksheep...and voided that is some nice tibby you got...also the chick...i see that you only taped the taillight...i thought you bake them as well...

well i guess ill try it next weekend...wish me luck

7. voidedwarrenties

voidedwarrenties Well-Known Member

You could not cook the taillight for the Tiburon I forgot why though. They did offer a clear lens for the taillights so you just brake them and put the new ones on with sylicon (spelling?)

8. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

why dont i try putting a tape instead...i have a whole roll of black vinyl...what do you guys think...its safer than baking at all...

9. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

did you ever end up doing this???? im curious...baking sounds...rediculus imo