supercharger for lancer 2008

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by evo_x_gts, Nov 21, 2007.

1. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

I can agree with you on that, we will need an LSD, hopefully RRM will have on available soon to go with the T/C kit, because torque steer and wheel spin are both problems in FWD cars.

2. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

Ya along with a good clutch :D

3. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

ill be striaght up. i will be doing a supercharger, if they make them, if not ill have to do a turbo. but i think if enough of us contact ripp or other companys then maybe we can show that it will be worth it to start putting them in the test stages

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Good luck RedLine.

5. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

right on! i have heard some negative things about Ripp recently though. Try a shop locally to do one custom for you.

6. angryGTS

Ya stay away from RIPP, or your car will be R.I.P. or running like garbage, if they couldnt make a good solution for tuning on the 3g Eclipse, then they deffinately wont for this platforms ECU. You will probably be better off finding a local shop set you up with an intercooled centfrugal supercharger, but find a good way to tune it, using a piggyback like SAFC as a last resort, if you must use a piggyback-and if it works with this ECU use an Emanage there is more ways to tune than an SAFC. Of course best is a stand alone ECU or a flash and neither is available yet.

7. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

Find a shop that uses EcuTek, from what I understand our ECU's are compatible with this software.

8. angryGTS

I dont think the ECU has been cracked yet though

9. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

Hm, well I won't do any FI using a piggyback, I hope that the EcuTek works for flashing the ECU.

10. angryGTS

Ya and if it dont(really hoping EcuTek comes through for us) hopefully AEM will release an EMS for our car, well hopefully if they release for the Evo, hopefully us 5 speed guys will be able to use it as well

11. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

I hope AEM comes out with an intake for us, I am a true believer in their products.

12. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

more hp LESS tq, usually

13. ARC_EVO

ARC_EVO Member

any new updates on this supercharger? :)

14. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

hate to bring it up, I was reading some of the first posts on this topic. What p's me off is that the 08/09 Cobalt SS now comes with a turbo that produces 55 hp above the standard 205 in the earlier models for around 260hp. All for less than the Ralliart, and about 3g's more than our GTS...that kinda agrivates me considering the price. (Taking into account that both the GTS and SS are front wheel) I know Mits however is a better product than that garbage.

15. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ Thats why the RA is coming

16. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

been a while since i read this, but im gonna contact rsspeedlabs and see what they can do

17. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

the crowd is waiting

18. Milagro

Milagro Well-Known Member

Dv, it also goes without saying that for the most part the SS will and does handle like crap, looks fugly, and not to mention, is a chevy....

19. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i just thought of something. (please correct me on any part). a s/c on our car would be like running the a/c, but the boost generated would compensate for the lost power. the down fall is that normally when a s/c is installed the pully ratio is adjusted to also compensate. but because of the timing marks that isnt a possability. also wouldnt a s/c kit and a turbo kit cost the same?

20. LANCERGTS2008

LANCERGTS2008 Active Member

Actually, 2008 Lancerd have GEL mounts where as in a car crash the motor will drop down rather than crashing through the firewall.