supercharger for lancer 2008

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by evo_x_gts, Nov 21, 2007.

1. UHateMy08

UHateMy08 Member

but turbos are more efficient. and gives you more HP per pound of boost. I've always been a fan of turbos because its gives horsepower and doesn't rob your car of horsepower in order to make horsepower. yes there could be some lag issues with turbos, but like someone stated earlier with the right set up, lag can be fix. to be honest Turbo lag is are friend :D reason being that during launching could help stop the traction issues that would come from a Superchargers instant pull causing wheel spin. people complain about lag, but lag is only a first gear issue, you bang the second gear in and boost goes back to where it was. other might argue the roll lag. well keep your RPM's in the right band and lag shouldn't be that bad. It looks like most turbo kits will come with 16g's or similar. with that being said. on a roll keeping RPM around 4k like most of us do on roll runs should lower the lag. just my .02

2. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

That part is true... picture this...

With a SC you have instant boost. The power is throught the band. Where a turbocharger you are waiting for boost and it kicks in....

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

yea i get what you're saying. but i was just specifically talking about stress on the engine. turbo vs. s/c

having never owned either form of F/I im willing to hear just about anything. :D

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

A SC is usually cheaper to purchase as well.

5. Prophet

Well that is what I am talking about. The stress on the motor with a SC is minimal compared to turbocharging. Reason being is the power from the SC is instant and gradual. It doesn't give the motor a sudden surge of power like a turbocharger does.

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

nice. thanks for elaborating

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

this has been an ongoing debate from jumpstreet

8. Prophet

Turbo will give you more HP and TQ.

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

but here's the kicker....there are 2 types of superchargers.

If you DO decide to go S/C you'd still have to do some homework to see if a Roots-Type or Centrifugal is the right choice for you. 8)

10. UHateMy08

UHateMy08 Member

well there not gonna make a root supercharge, that would mean taking out your intake manifold for it. and there would be no way of cooling the air with that supercharger. all you would get is hot air. centrifugal would allow for some kid of FMIC set up. witch BTW would make the Supercharger lag. yes i said it. lag Bitches :lol: .

11. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

Ok, so my question remains...who said they were making a S/C kit...what company and give me specifics!

12. bras_33

/\ again +1

13. Prophet

Well in the first post someone claimed that WORKS was. Give them a call or email them and see if it is true. If not then as far as I know... no one is...

14. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

Right...I did ask works, and as I stated ealrier, they have NO PLANS for a supercharger. They are working on OEM parts turbo kit...whoever started this thread is probably a noob.

BUSTED

15. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

one dead-giveaway was that he stopped posting in this thread. Only companies i'd even consider if i went S/C would be Vortech or Jackson-Racing. Heard good stories about their products.

I bet they haven't even considered our car.

16. bras_33

/\ and dont forget Paxton and Whipple :D

17. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

I would love to see a S/C kit come out for our cars. I would even guess that making one would take less time and development than a turbo. Just a guess though, I don't know how complicated the code is for our cars, especially for the CVT. I am still waiting for CVT tuning to come out...not engine...but transmission programming. I want to see this become reality though.

18. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

hmmmm...sc or tb...choices choices...I'll proly wait for drivers who will have it in there lancers and wait for their recomendations

19. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

^ If the supercharger ever happens. :scratch:

20. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

I bet it will, but my question is...WHO...is willing to make one? I know that RIPP mods has been making kits for Mitsus for a while, but most people equate Mitsus with turbos, but just for a quick 90 whp, a S/C is a cool application.