Springs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by papi2dmamis, Apr 1, 2009.

1. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

does anyone have problems with his springs?
    In Germany some guys with Eibach springs have a clicking noise with this one.
    But no one knows where it come from.
    Eibach says it´s a Mitsubishi fault and Mitsubishi says it´s a Eibach fault.
    I want to lower my ride, but if I have some strange noises after it, I will leave my hands from that.
    Any Problems with other springs??

Will the EVO X supension fit to the lancer?

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

I hear that there's a metal plate that goes on before the top hat, and if it's not aligned perfectly, they will rub making a clicking noise while turning at low speeds.

3. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are some noises after springs. Try your best to tighten and ^^^ this is true as well.

Evo X suspension should work. Try it out!!

4. kaliuv

kaliuv Well-Known Member

I've droped my 09 gts by eibach prokit, 1.2 for front, 0.8 for rear. it is noticable to me, and ride is not harsh at all. I thinks this much drop is just perfect.

5. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

i had S tech Tein installed and right after 2 days I can hear some slapping of coils. I add rubber silencer but the noise is still there especially if you move very slow, backing up. I am looking for plastic tube so I can coil it all arround my springs. let me know how to eliminate the noise

6. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

i had S tech Tein installed and right after 2 days I can hear some slapping of coils. I add rubber silencer but the noise is still there especially if you move very slow, backing up. I am looking for plastic tube so I can coil it all arround my springs. let me know how to eliminate the noise

7. yoshilancer

yoshilancer Well-Known Member

i have the same noise with my tein s techs but i dont mind and you should go for them if you want a 2.1f and 1.9r it looks sick on my es...and plus cops dont tag me for the drop cause they dont know if my car is drop till they see me go over a speed bump....

8. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

there was no problem with the drop. I like it. I will just install this noise suppression thing. Try this Energy Suspension they have this tube that we can coil all over the spring.

9. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

I have the Eibach pro kit on mine. Ive had it for about three weeks now and absolutely love it. I can throw my car threw turns like I never would have before. I have the 08 GTS though so I already had upgraded shocks and struts. Car rides a tiny bit stiffer but not anything like some of the lowered cars ive been in.

10. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

how's the options going david?