So Lancer is voted in Top 5 waste of money??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by xXBrutalXx, Jan 31, 2010.

1. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

so far ive beaten a new cobalt, new mazda 3, i raced an early 90s civic and beat it too

2. hmoobher

hmoobher Member

Did I get screwed? Everyone's lancer is quick but mines!

3. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

No. Lancers are slow lol. But I don't care ;D city driving for me.. not doing any performance mods so I can save up for an evo ;)) lol

4. Evostation4

Evostation4 Well-Known Member

I beat a couple of WRXs on the freeway and I'm still basically stock.
    can't underestimate the lancer when you come down to it, its still a pretty quick little car.
    As for resale, that's totally true. The value goes down a lot faster than any other car out there really.

5. urboyissues

urboyissues Member

I thought the lancer kept its vaule pretty well... or is that just the evo?? Either way I just got ride of my 08 mazda 6 and have to say there is a huge difference between the two. The cab is huge and while I do miss all my little capartments all the other features and just overall apperance is better imo... plus once you tweek your Lancer there is little it can't do... I think its a great buy.. and yeah I get around 30 mpg highway and 27 city

6. DaMizZa

DaMizZa Active Member

I know the stigma around Hyundai's because of their reliability issues in the past and all .... but Hyundai was found to be #4 in Initial Quality in 2009 by JD Power & Associates. The really ironic thing about us Mitsubishi owners trying to put down Hyundai over reliability issues is that the Hyundai reliability we've all come to love making fun of.... Those were the days when they were using Mitsubishi engines and components in their cars. The crappy unreliable Hyundai that people love to hate was nothing more than various Mitsubishi engines and components with a Hyundai wrapper.

As for the Mitsubishi being a waste of money, I'm afraid I'm going to have to +1 that. While the Lancer is by far the most attractive car in it's segment, looks don't make a car a good investment (Even though no car should really be considered an investment). My 08 Lancer barely gets better mileage than my old 85 Buick Regal with a 5L V8 did, which isn't saying much. Old cars from the late 90s/early 2000s get better mileage than the 2008 Lancer even with 3L V6 engines (2000 Infiniti I30 bests our highway mileage even!). Don't get me wrong, I like my car. It has enough power for what I want from a car, and it handles nicely. I couldn't imagine how I would manage if my car had even a slightly smaller interior cabin. I guess I just don't have that "if my car is faster than yours in <insert situation here>, then it's better than yours" mentality anymore ... Not trying to put anyone down, I just don't think the 08 Lancers are all that special anymore .. Maybe its just because I've owned it for so long that I've started taking those things that people like about it for granted, and am already wanting more.