SeRious08's Projects: Turbo Complete!!! Video Pg 8

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by SeRious08, Jan 5, 2009.

1. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

very nice. also, serious, have you ever thought about hitting up some shows?

2. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

you dont need to slice into the harness, apparently there are y connectors on the market for wiring in piggybacks so you dont void ure warranty by splicing, also tuning isnt THAT hard, its just VERY tedious :)

btw i strongy urge u to get a diff blowoff valve or even better a recirculated one, recirc has less chance of causing boost creep and if u want a atmospheric bov get one that doesnt flutter like ures, get one that lets it out all in one shot, think about it this way, the bov is supposed to let pressure out the system that if not released can cause boost creep, so u want that air out of the system asap

take that stuff into consideration, will make ure car last a bit longer and be a bit more reliable

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The CVT kit will be released very soon. Xtremeboost can't figure out the tuning. Hope they have it figured out by then but I doubt it. They have been working on it for almost a year now.

I'm a show freak!! Previous car won numerous awards from Nopi and HIN. :D

I know that the BOV is a weak spot right now. Which is very odd... You would think that a $150 turboxs bov would be fine. I guess not for this application. I plan on throwing the stock Bosch bov on this weekend until I get a different one. Probably an adjustable one that I can set just right.

4. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

time for some recaros...... you have pm's!

5. SeRious08

:D

6. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

very nice! good job

7. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

Serious, I think it's time to hit up HIN again

8. RALLIART

whoa its phil!

9. RALLIART

serious did you get in touch with that guy about them recaros, mine are already shipped!

10. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

next mod boost controller?

11. SeRious08

He never called me back or replied to my emails. I guess he just wants to put them back on Ebay.

12. SeRious08

Boost controller isn't needed at this stage. No need to adjust boost until I build up the internals.

Next mod will be gauges, cf hood, and braking.

13. vmo91

vmo91 Well-Known Member

back a few pages, i'm so jelious of your speakers and sub wiring

come out to vegas, and help me and i'lll pay you good hah ;D

14. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

Serious I got a question for ya.....in your video you hear a loud rattle(maybe a heat shield or some say its the oil filter coming loose) when you are revving. It starts at 2:37 and ends at 2:40........I got the same noise coming from my car and the only mod I have is a K&N SRI and Works Axle Back and I cant figure out what it is. My car does it every gear between 2K-3K Rpm. I was just wondering if you happen to know what is causing it???? Any help would be greatly appricated

15. SeRious08

Mine was from the heatshield above the header downpipe. Thats resolved. It wasn't the oil filter or oil pan. Infact I was under the car last weekend and both are still tight. I would think you have either a bracket or shield loose. Possibly your piping rubbibg something.

16. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

Awesome I will check it out when I throw it on the lift when my Greddy SE comes in!!

17. ForTheGlory37

ForTheGlory37 Well-Known Member

Looks good man. I wish I could afford a turbo. Some day... *sigh*

18. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

damn bro looking sweet...cant wait to get some extra cash for the turbo....but itll be a while...lol

19. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Serious, do you ever look at your thread on EVoM and just laugh? I've done it a few times in ur thread.

20. SeRious08

All the time. There are some "serious" haters out there. I can only come to several conclusions on those guys.

1. They are 14 year olds
    2. Have never even built or driven a turboed car
    3. Pure jealousy

Thats why I just let it run its course. I don't have to prove myself to any of those losers. I know for a fact what this car can do. They don't.