seat covers, mats, etc

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by Rachel0517, Jan 4, 2008.

1. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

1.5lbs is way over what needed. You noe how your not supposed to lay your hand on your shifter so you don't mess with your tranny, well those 1.5lbs are constently on your shifter pushign it down. Thats why i went with the works shift knob and short shifter. shift knob is only 6.2ounces! it feels awesome on the hands. just in my opinion

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Gotcha, no there are different styles. You can get them without the bands, with one band, with two bands like mine, and there are different shapes. This shape is just a little easier to have something etched on the top.

3. SeRious08

Thats has NEVER been proven. Please, use your Google skills and pull up 1 scientific study where they have proven it.

Have you ever weighted the stock shifter? Its right at a pound itself.

4. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Re: blue interior

Im planning on changing just the pedals and the shift knob for now. And im getting a Greddy shift knob from SportCompactOnly.com. They have adds up here.
    Im still looking around for the Pedals, but im looking Ptuning.com for that.

And i say screw what they think. If you wanna do blue, do blue. Personally i like it and i believe blue underbody neons are legal in Florida, i think.

5. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

how can you confuse the 08 Lancer to a honduh :twisted:

6. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

it was an expression haha

7. Budrow

Budrow Well-Known Member

How would puttin a weighted shift knob on there make a diff on the trans they are front wheel drive with cable linkage's (atleast thats how my 02 is)
    and the shifter itself is bolted in to a cradle if anything it would put weight on the plastic cradle not the tranny.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Im going this monday to Road Wire to have my interior done.

Seats: Red on Red leather and suede with a black dbl contrasting stitch

Sun roof: Inalfa with a red suede headliner

Dorr panel inserts: Red suede

Shift boot: Red suede(I know I know, but I like the look over the pencil neck chrome post)

I'm gonna ask while Im there if they can re-wrap the steering wheel as well in red leather and red suede.

9. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Phil that would look nice. We def needs pics when finished.

10. bras_33

Good luck with that brudda!!! how you feelin?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

a lot better. I will b there for movie day. :D

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Im just playn Serious. I really do like the shift knob.

13. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Need to get a shift knob for my cvt when I come back from France. I think I'll be going with MOMO.

14. SeRious08

Finally a member that understands and doesn't throw internet rumor crap out without proof. :D

15. SeRious08

I know Bro. I'm learning when to take you serious and when you are just giving crap.

16. Budrow

Budrow Well-Known Member

Im not tryin to be a dick or anything, But I just recently installed a short throw in my car. Plus Im tryin to go thru as much automotive classes as possible. I try to know wat Im talkin bout b4 I openin my mouth and soundin like a retard.

17. bras_33

^post a pic of the short throw, is that one from works? I am waiting for mine.

18. FinestGTS

the short shifter is awesome from works. easy install 2. still trying to get used to it.

Also, look in your owners manual before you talkin alot of smack. It clearly says do not put rest your hand on the shifter as you can wear something, i wish i could remember what exactly it said, can someone please find it in the manual for me please :). I might have been wrong about the shifter weight but i was not wrong about laying your hand on the shifter(basicly resting unnesscary weight on the shifter) will cause wear.

i would take pics of my short throw brass but im stuck without a dig for alil so no pics till digi arrives :(

19. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

does our cars have a cable clutch or an hydraulic clutch?

20. FinestGTS

hydralic