RRM Pulley and oil leak

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by 08LanceRage, Apr 14, 2008.

1. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Well I first asked him if he knew what a pulley was. Than he said yes and I asked again if he was talking about the one that has all the belts on it or something else. So he knew exactly what I was talking about. Next I explained what was going on and that it could damage the engine if it gets out of hand. What he told me than is, untill the issue occures they cannot do anything. And mitsubishi would only make a recall on it if it puts the driver in danger. So yeah thats it.

2. 08LanceRage

08LanceRage Well-Known Member

Whoever wants to make a complaint this website will call mitsubishi to make them fix this problem and the guy said for everyone who has this problem call them , the more and the sooner the better !!!!!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/

the number is (888) 327-4236

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

/\ do we say that we have the rrm pulley installed?? and we noticed on the stock one we see a sort of groove on it??

4. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

^^^^HELL NOOOO^^^^,JUST SAY YOU HAVE THE STOCK ONE :x

5. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

so wth do i tell them??

6. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

tell them that u noticed ur stock pulley is beginning to get a groove and that it'll lead to a leak :-\ that may end up damaging ur engine

7. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

^ +1 thats what im going to do

8. BiG_YeLlOw

BiG_YeLlOw Well-Known Member

maybe the problem wasn`t the pulley, maybe the seal came with a damage or maybe the driver is damage hahahaha just kidding :p

9. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

for us drvers that wont be buying a rrm puley cant we leave it in and when it does leak...go and and have waranty just give us a new one???? i talked to my dealership and they said that would be no prob at alland if they leak around 25000 then im pretty shure that by the end of all our waranties they will have either fixed the prob or recaled it buy then imo ...thoughts?..intelegent ones please...

10. Bryn1987

*bump* cuz this thread is important

11. JDMhammer

please do

12. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

I work in the aluminum refining industry. Trust me when I say that it doesn't take much to damage it, it's a very soft metal compared to steel. So if the stock pulleys are having a similar issue, I forsee a recall in the future.

13. JDMhammer

so i finally got to my buddy's shop but forgot my camera and phone. ... bad news.... 26k miles and its wearing bad.... ill get back into it soon to take some pix.....

14. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

so i have a question. those of us that have the RRM pulley, should we put the stock one back on or wait tell there's a leak or recall?

15. JDMhammer

I would say leave it, because if the stock and RRM one's are both having the issue they cant blame it on after market parts....

16. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Damn i have over 24000 on mine. I am going to see the dealership tomorrow about this. I hope that nothing bad happens anytime soon but hell if it destroys the engine maybe i can get the 2.4 lol. Man i wonder whos Lancer will bite it first we should start a betting forum. LOL just kidding we cant bet on someones misfortune thats just not right. :twisted:

17. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

your going to have to let all of us know on what they say.

18. Bryn1987

+1 +2 +3 etc. =) (i'm speaking for everyone lol)

19. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

awww

my car has only 700 miles on it and im hearing about this sh*t! grrrrr...i wonder if there is a line on my pulley already.....damnittttt.........

20. Bryn1987

Re: awww

this is ur first post? :-\... but ya... -_-