Rims

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by LancerGTS, Jun 6, 2007.

1. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i saw some gun metal rims with a chrome lip that is almost the exact color of my car. i am DEFINATLY considering them im so excited!

2. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

^^ the question is...how much they weigh?...i've seen so many nice wheels but they weigh like 26+ lbs. Thats way too heavy, especially wen stock is 23-24

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

This site has some almost good prices for rims and some even tell you the weight but then again you cant go wrong with grams

http://www.streetstyler.com

4. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Hey you guys i have a question about somthin thats been bugging me.

What do i look at as far as demension sizes and stuff go to find out which wheels will fit my vehicle?

I have a buddy that told me that the distance from teach hole also varys so this is a bit of a brain teaser for me.

5. bras_33

^as long as the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 (5x4.5) you are safe. Take into consideration the offset also, forgot what size, either 46mm or 43mm (I got them confused with my eclipse). Also if you are going to lower it, also consider the rim size. I saw the RRM Lancer and its lowered by about 1.5 inches all around with 18s. The space between the tire and fender is about 2 fingers.

6. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Actually I am not planning on lowering my car at all. I am waiting for lip kits to come out and that will give me the low look i want :)

7. EpiiCk

EpiiCk Well-Known Member

for sure, thats what im probably going to end up getting

8. lovemylancer420

lovemylancer420 Well-Known Member

If you guys want a good buy on rims, check out www.wheelsnext.com. They dont have the 08 lancer listed, but they have a lot of rim/rubber packages for cheap. I picked up 17" Kobe KR Gunmetal with Khumo Ecsta rubber for less than 1000 mounted and balanced, with springs, and including shipping. I didnt put the springs on casue theyre shit, but i paid 35 to put the rims on and they look sick. Ill post some pics later...

9. bras_33

very nice!!! did you get the tire sensor for it?

10. lovemylancer420

no i didnt. thats the only problem. its goin to cost an hours worth of labour to get it collaborated for these rims cause its gotta be programmed through the laptops. its only a warnin on the dash so it doesnt bother me too much...

11. bras_33

^for now, lol. I believe its about 200 at the dealership.

12. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

u have to get them recalibrated wen u get new wheels?? damn I always thought of it as a clean swap; disconnect ; put new wheel on, reconnect

13. LancerGTS

thats what i thought to

14. lovemylancer420

i want to paint my calipers...i have a silver lancer w/ gunmetal rims...any ideas on what would look good colour wise?

15. LancerGTS

post pix of ur car and well see

16. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

yeah i thought you can just swap the sensors. hmm dang 200 bucks to recalibrate it. getting new wheels is gonna be alot.

17. bras_33

The place where I got my tint says, he can do it for $60 (the sensors) if you buy rims from him but he mostly dubs and chromes. Besides I dont think the Lancer would look good with 24'' donks. I may have to do a 4x4 4"/6" body/frame lift!!!!!!

18. LancerGTS

lmao dont u dare take this beautiful car into a ghetto ride. even though ive seen some crazy cool ones. dont do it! lol

19. bras_33

^thats not my taste, I really dont want people to look at me and say "WTF, just because they make them, doesnt mean you have to buy them !!!"

20. LancerGTS

id love some 26" rims on an SUV though. but on the lancer 19" will be perfect