Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Silver09GTS

Silver09GTS Well-Known Member

Send it to me :)

2. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I would but it's only valid at the stores in my city... lol

3. Silver09GTS

Silver09GTS Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats a bit much of a drive for pizza ....

4. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

That sucks, what are your goals and plan of attack? I'm somewhat of a gym rat so if you ever need advice lmk :)

5. LuvMyLancer

Well I just joined on Sunday and have dropped 5lbs this week.

I basically cut out ALL junk food (which was really hard for me!) and I go to the gym 3-5 times a week.

So far all I've done is 30 minutes on the eliptical (sp?) and that seems to make me burn a lot of calories.

6. leeminho86

Very cool, to be honest I try to eat healthy throughout weekdays and cheat a bit on weekends, so life isn't completely dull. The main thing you should avoid is fast food and soda. Don't beat yourself up if you cheat, more power to you if you don't, but I always praise moderation and portion control above all else.

A tip with the cardio is to very the resistance or intensity. If you do 30 minutes on the elliptical at the same speed, your body will actually go in a survival mode and slow down the amount of calories you burn. If you keep it guessing with different speeds or resistance you burn a lot more and hit less plateaus.

Keep up the good work though :D

7. LuvMyLancer

Well I set the machine to change the resistance and level every 8ish minutes.

So I start off 0 incline, then like 8 minutes later it'll go up to like 3 incline, 10 resistant, then back down, then back up, and so on for a half an hour.

8. leeminho86

Very cool, you didn't even need my help! :cry: haha, but keep it up!

9. LuvMyLancer

Aw, I'm sorry!! I can still use more tips! Like all I do is the 30 min. What else can I do to lose weight. I don't wanna do weights just yet cuz I dont wanna be fat and muscley? haha

I wanna get skinny, then possibly tone up!

10. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

Time for a new car. Seriously.

11. leeminho86

Haha, well if you're doing cardio, 20 minutes is the minimum to target fat. I like to switch things up; treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, etc. Do abs before or after, because since you're burning those calories you can target abs before or after for that extra burn. I would recommend working out on an empty stomach as well, if you eat before is all you're doing is working that food off, rather your stored fat. Another tip is if you are able to do cardio in the morning, it kickstarts your metabolism for the rest of the day. I hate working out in the morning though...

Don't be afraid to incorporate weights, just go light weight with high repetitions (12-15 reps). That will help you tone, and the added resistance will help you build a little bit of muscle and be tighter. A plus side with weights is the muscle you gain, the more calories you burn doing nothing. Not really necessary to lift though, the cardio is what's going to make you skinnier.

Are you running at all? I see more people lose weight from running faster than any other activity.

12. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

lancer/ralliart/evo

13. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

No more mitsubishi's

14. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

[youtube:46cudt1z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubO08xcQj64[/youtube:46cudt1z]

15. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Wow that video was something else, 8O . But very creative.

16. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

LUV, running helps alot. Try to eat protein bars or even shakes possibly as-well.

17. LuvMyLancer

Well I have a really bad knee so running actually really hurts (which is why I stay away from treadmills) but for some reason the eliptical doesn't bother me so I just stick with that. Feels like running but not... if that makes sense.

18. leeminho86

Yeah that works, it's low impact, just aim for the sweat and gradually increase your times.

19. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

you are all about getting fit.
    I just try to stay under 180 lbs.
    Its easy once you figure out what keeps the weigh off.

20. LuvMyLancer

Well I started off doing 20 mins, then 25, now 30, and will keep going longer the more endurance I build.

As far as going on an empty stomache, I can't. I always go in the morning and wake up hungry so I have to eat my bowl of cheerios before I go.