Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Speaking of Mustangs...I have to install a set of underdrive pulleys on an 03 GT this weekend. I guess having the tools and know-how to do all of this stuff is paying off. I just wish I had the coin to open my shop back up....then it would be free labor and discount parts for all my LT homies....

2. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

oh dude, I'd make the drive up to see you every weekend :D lol

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

So, my girlfriend just got an 07 Eclipse GS. Seems pretty nice so far.

4. blueking_4

^Nice.

Can't wait, only 2 months and 2 days until i leave this place :)

5. 1slowlance

I love working.

6. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

are you ok in the head?

7. lancer2quick

^^this

8. blueking_4

9. lancer2quick

Well, I had to unplug the clutch safety switch. I went to dinner with my Mom and as I was getting ready to leave, car-no-crank. I've been having issues with it for about a month now....so I just unplugged the switch.

On another note, I it 130000 miles on the way home from dinner. Wow...I bought the car in Feb. of 2004 with I think 7 miles on her.

10. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

I just hit 80k in the subi and i bought it a little over 2 years ago with 36k on it lol

11. lancer2quick

^^ Sounds like me...

Question for you guys....How many of you would be interested in a kit to change the color of your HVAC lights, cig lighter ring, and clock to red? The bulb change is the easy part...three bulbs and six screws if I remember right. The clock is a little more in-depth, but can be done.

Three bulbs, filters for the clock LCD, detailed instructions with pictures, and shipping for about 10 bucks. The 10 bucks is just an estimate, but I don't forsee it costing you guys more than 10-12 bucks in all.

12. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Red? I want pink yo! Sounds like a good price to. Actually the car bulbs are 5$ aren't they?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

13. 1slowlance

I would possibly be interested. For some reason.

14. blueking_4

I would be interested, but my lancers already got all that :)

15. lancer2quick

Pink? I actually think I can do that.....if that's what you REALLY want. haha.
    and the bulbs run something like 1.73 each after shipping...everywhere I come across only ships UPS....and they have gotten to where they charge an assload to ship anything. When I ordered mine, I ordered five bulbs...and shipping was six bucks or so. Everwhere else wanted a minimum of 10 dollar shipping and a minimum order of 25.

I tried using a few different LEDs, but the only ones that fit into the holes in the circuit board are the forward firing ones....and don't put out an even light through the little light bar thing inside. So, I went with the standard filament bulbs with red coating...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  16. blueking_4

I'm going to Disney world!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

17. 1slowlance

Sorry for your bad luck. :/

18. 1slowlance

Holy crap. The ride in my girlfriend's Eclipse is absolutely terrible. Lol.

19. lancer2quick

Hell, I could have told you that. Every eclipse that I've driven is crap. Every bump you hit, the rear feels like its dog-walking or needs an alignment.

20. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Lol. Like my car.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk