Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Who knows... lol

SOOOO my car sounds like it has a turbo haha that can't be normal... has this weird whining noise... hooray.

2. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

damn. and i thought my car was sounding bad.

3. LuvMyLancer

Yeah... I tried to pass a car today just cuz I was gonna miss my offramp and the car wouldn't even speed up really.....

Something isn't right...

4. 08CustomLancer

damn. that sucks

5. LuvMyLancer

Yep.. ah well... time to sell it and get an Evo 8 :twisted:

6. 08CustomLancer

im not a fan of evo's but enjoy it

7. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

sounds like a vacuum leak, pretty big one. You can open the hood and listen for where it is coming from then either plug it, or fix it.

8. Budrow

Budrow Well-Known Member

IF you cant keep the regular Lancer out of the snow banks what makes you think u'll keep the EVO out of em? Not tryin to sound like an ass, But I also dont know the whole story either, Im just a ver sarcastic person and it shows

9. 08CustomLancer

YES this is like 7 people in RT now :D

10. RicanLancer

RicanLancer Well-Known Member

Don't know the whole story either, but I'm sure the AWD on the Evo would help in the snow...unless of course you're already spinning out of control.

Glad to hear you're not badly hurt. Hopefully the car is inexpensive to repair.
    Side question: is that ribbon always on the front of your car or is it a holiday decoration of some sort?

11. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

this random thoughts thread is turning out to be less and less random :evil3:

:diabloanifire: <------ random!

12. 08CustomLancer

yay fun day. gotta go to the USPS and UPS and School for books and the dealership.

13. RicanLancer

RicanLancer Well-Known Member

Damn i hate snowstorms. This is about the 8th one this year; last year we had maybe 4 all winter. Ugh.

Adds fuel to the thought of moving to Florida, I must say. :idea:

14. 08CustomLancer

15. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

very cold!!!

16. LuvMyLancer

The bow was just for Christmas LOL I've been too lazy to take it off (it's tied to the inside so I have to take all the plastic covers off to get to it).

SOOO I had the car looked at today. It's gonna cost $1300 just for the two parts I need... then I'd have to add on paint and labour charges...

But mechanically everything is okay. The rad is bent but they said as long as it's not leaking it's okay.

So my car is busted lookin' but at least driveable.

17. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

$1300, sounds steep. So what is it that makes your car drive funny if there isnt anything wrong with it?

18. LuvMyLancer

They side the vibrating was just the huge amounts of snow lodged up in my wheel wells and such.

They said the rad might have a hole but the only way to know if its leaking or not would to do a pressure test.

So I think it's gonna be okay... just lots of body damage.

19. Budrow

Budrow Well-Known Member

Im Talkin in terms of power

20. LuvMyLancer

Losing control on black ice had nothin' to do with power. I think I'm gonna buy a cheap Civic or something for winter driving next year or maybe a Jeep lol