Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

The trial version is very glitchy in the install. It normally takes 3 installs to get right. Make sure you update your graphics card firmware through the manufacturer and dont use microsofts automatic update. If its an on board card that was bought with the system then you have to go to computer manufacturers web page for update.

Ive had one issue with 7 but it was my fault. I didnt have any antivirus cuz i was too lazy to download and install again. Sad to say in 3 weeks i got a virus that would continuosly aggravate me. Gave me internet popups and i even disconnected the internet and still got the assuming it was cuz i had internet on. Reformat shortly followed.

[​IMG]

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind Vista. Everyone says it's crappy, but I've never had any major problems to make me hate it. I think everyone was just complaining that it wasn't the way they liked. Lol.

3. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

ive had many problems with it, thats why i hate it

4. 1slowlance

I've never had a problem with Vista. And 7 is almost exactly like it. A few differences here and there, but basically the same thing. I really got to play around with it lately, because my girlfriend's laptop came with 7. To me, it's the same thing.

5. Jogenmaru

Visually it is the same. The way things process is completely different. Vista took the hard way to do things (microsoft tried to make it more powerful and user friendly at the same time. A failed attempt). I did a test on 2 identical computers I built. Vista was always 20+ secs behing except when opening internet explorer/firefox. It was a few secs quicker. Gaming wise (I'm a hardcore gamer. Own them all) 7 and xp is best where as vista did more processing which slowed the system down.

Back to work. I have to bring these modems in the system before I get in trouble. They've been sitting on this pallet for almost 2 weeks now. Sweetness for working in a warehouse. Im gonna dread summer. I dont have any ventilation unless I open the 20 ft bay door. But I cant open it unless Im in front of it or going outside. Wish we had fences.

Anyone else hate being hot, wet, and sticky? Summers in VA suck. Oh speaking of summers, I have to fix my sunroof soon or I'm screwed. Glad I have a backup. '89 camry ftw

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

^^wow...random post about 17 different topics at one time. awesome lol

7. 1slowlance

Lol. I like gaming on computers more, but my laptop could barely run CoD4 online. Had to turn the graphics all the way down and it still lagged bad. I'd get like 10-20 fps. Sucked. I'm looking at buying a iMac mini. A friend of mine that works at Best Buy bought it, and it's frikkin fast. Runs WoW with the graphics turned all the way up, and he can still minimize it, and surf the internet without lagging at all. Pretty cool. Only $600 for the hard drive, and I'd probably just hook it up to play on my tv or something. I <3 technology. Lol.

8. Evo_This

Evo_This Member

That's what's wrost, it was an aftermarket bumper :cry:

9. 1slowlance

Sitting in history class. Talking about Korean and Vietnam wars. I <3 history.

10. lancer2quick

she's lump, she's lump...she's in my head

11. Jogenmaru

History and science is the shiznites! I like learning about japanese history but when i was in high school japan only had a days worth of study. Lame

Getting ready to play battlefield bad company 2 for ps3. Anyone wanna join? Names the same for this, psn, xbox 360, and just about everything online. LOL :D

12. 1slowlance

I really only play CoD4, MW2, and Nazi zombies online. Most of my other games are single player.

13. Jogenmaru

I just sold my MW2 on ebay. I havent played it since Bad Company 2 came out. And im also polishing up on my Street Fighter 4 for when Super Street Fighter 4 comes out I can hold my own or atleast not look like a complete noob against the real pro's around here. Im no button masher but it sure sounds like it.

14. 1slowlance

Only fighting game like that I play is Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Bought it from the Playstation Store.

15. Jogenmaru

I suck at MVC2. Although i did download it. I cant play without my friends kicking my ass in it. Let it be tekken 5 and its another story. Tekken 6 on the other hand is for offline play. I hate the online for t6. You should help me out with my mvc2. Im a noob at it.

16. timschoeliertm

im over gaming, i wasted enough time on my xbox, now i just do it when i have nothing else to do

17. lancer2quick

^^ the most action mu ps3 has seen in a while is playing blu- rays.

18. 1slowlance

I suck MVC2 as well. Lol. I never play online cuz I'll get my ass kicked, I know it. And I play a lot of games, because I usually have nothing else to do. Lol. I do everything I need to for school when I'm at school, and only work on weekends. I'm not a big fan of "going out" or anything.

19. Jogenmaru

Lol. I need a new front bumper. I have 2 holes in it from where the license plate was at. To my understanding it is illegal to not have a front mounted license plate. I have yet to be pulled over for it. Its been about 3 months now. Im in VA.

20. timschoeliertm

i want to move mine over to the side, i got a new front bumper and want to put it on the side, but the dude already put my plate on in the middle before i could tell him different, it was hella upsetting