Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I need a job. I'd apply a bunch of places but I'm going back to school in a month so there's not really a point :S
    So no money for Lancer right now :/

2. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

you could work at a golf course for like a month.

Or do landscaping..

3. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i was thinking of selling my lancer in about a year. im looking into maybe getting a pickup truck. haven't really decided yet.

4. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Man I've got a friend that just sold his pick up. I'm sure he would have traded it for your Lancer :) Not to mention he's driving down to Huntsville here pretty soon.

As for landscaping or golf course... maybe. But at this point I just don't give a shit lol.

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I need a new job..I work 3rd shift security for GDLS. I've actually thought about re-upping in the Coast Guard..I just don't know if I want to move my wife and son somewhere new, ya know?

6. Mitsuman+03

Yea... I was thinking of re-enlisting in the Marines.
    But after a few months of thinking about it. I decided it was not that great of a idea.

I would rather tuff it out ... instead of going back to Iraq!!

7. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I think I might go back to school again... see if I can get doin' something else with my life.

8. Mitsuman+03

Thats a good idea.
    School helps out a hole lot. I need to get back into school also.
    What you want to go for?

9. LuvMyLancer

I have absolutely no idea...

10. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I'm on vacation but looks like I'm going to need a vacation for the vacation.... :drunken: :drunken:

11. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I felt the same way papi lol.

As for what to go to school for.. I don't think anybody really knows what they want to go for.
    I'm in it for Architecture right now but I don't think I really want to do it. It's just a good idea to get some general knowledge under your belt and maybe find something you like.

12. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I'm getting my BA on bussines because I needed for my job, plus with a GI Bill and tuition assistance I'm not paying for anything. BTW I'm over 40. :drunken: :drunken:

13. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Hey man at least you're getting some education. I'm sure there are a ton of people that are like "Oh I'm 25 I'm too old to be in school" and just live with being a kroger bagger (not that there's anything wrong with it...) instead of trying to find a career.

14. Mitsuman+03

Shit... I have a career and never went to school.
    But they have asked me to go to school... but I have not had the time these last couple of years.

Maybe next year!
    You really just need the drive to be good at your job.

15. LuvMyLancer

There's no moving up in my job sooo ya... I dunno. I'd like to work with animals but nothing veterinary because I'll cry everytime a sick dog comes around haha

16. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

What about doggy day care?

17. LuvMyLancer

That'd be fun but we don't have any doggy day cares here... least not ones that are hiring cuz they're run out of peoples homes LOL

18. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

when im job hunting i always consider becoming a hooker

19. LuvMyLancer

Hmm... well not to toot my own horn but every guy I've been with has said I give the best BJs ever... lmao.

I don't think I could ever lower myself to that though haha I'll just stay poor.

20. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Haha my ex was terrible at giving BJ's :S
    I didn't think it was possible to suck at sucking but she did. :(