QUOTING BRIAN FROM RRM ABOUT TURBO

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by RALLIART, Aug 3, 2007.

1. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

it will mostlikely be a low psi kit with a little wiggle-room for increases in the future.

2. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

I agree,

A stock Honda Si comes with a 2.0L 197 brake hp engine with about 139 lb.-ft. tourqe.
    http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-si-c ... ture=K20Z3

Our lancers (non-PZEV models) come with a 2.0L 152 brake hp engine with aprox 146 lb.-ft. tourqe.
    http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/ ... ?loc=en-us

Generally.. from what I understand, you subtract approx 20% from the brake hp numbers to get actuall wheel hp numbers...

So....
    the Honda Si = 197 bhp - 20% will give you ruffly 155-165 whp
    Our lancer = 152 bhp - 20% will give you ruffly 120-130 whp

Looking at the numbers above.. if both drivers were equally skilled, the Si would win hands down.

But that quote from RRM is saying the turbo would add 80+ wheel hp to our cars...

So that would mean that it would be more like 250+ bhp from our lancer to get that extra 80+ whp they are claiming. That would bring our whp numbers to aprox 205+ whp.

In my opinion.. you would smoke any stock Si with no problems if those numbers are acurate. Now if the Si had a turbo as well, thats another story all together.

3. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

best way to examine if a car is faster is power to weight ratio. this is why motorcycles are so fast. the power to weight ratio is the most important thing in racing. cuz you can have 1000+hp in a car, but if you have a car that weighs a ton, you will never beat a 500+hp car that is 10 times lighter......this is why most motorcycles can beat most cars

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

going to be sweet when it's finally complete

5. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

True that.

The Honda Si's curb wieght is about 2,900 lbs and a MT Lancer is about 3,000 lbs (3,100 for CVT). so weight wise thier pretty close.

6. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

^ we still would win in a race no matter what because lancers rule no matter who were racing!