Question: Total HP w/ all mods

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Texas Aggie, Dec 9, 2007.

1. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

huh??

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

That you'll finish my tutorial tonight.

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

ohhhh ok. Don't worry, this time I will not forget. I will be washing my car, so no reason to forget.

4. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

Spid: No i wasn't referring to you. With the toys I like to indulge in I've come across people who like to give me their two cents about my life and spending habits and chose to answer that question before someone asked it.

5. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

Front wheel drive is faster off the line.. the lancer will be faster than the evo x with mods.. if your comparing it to a stock evo x... it all comes down to money..

6. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

the AWD will be a huge advantage if you want to race since you never have to worry about wheel spin being an issue even if you were running 600+ hp. Although at the same time thats half the fun of a turbo'ed FWD car.. torque steer heaven.

If you dont plan on racing the standard lancer will be enough imo. If you want some power stick a turbo on it running an average boost level, something around 10psi i suppose would give it a nice kick without needing forged internals. Should be able to get it kicking out over 200hp at the wheels without too much trouble which will give most factory cars a run for their money and at least be a little more unique.

Im waiting to see what happens when the evo and ralliart come out as to how they are settup. It may be as simple as borrowing their parts to turbo your engine. A complete swap would be simple enough too.

7. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

supposedly AWD, from the "spy" pics I have seen there is no rear differential, so that means no AWD and even that is still a specualation.

8. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

what? not sure where you came up with that one....AWD ownes every car off the line

9. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

wow, those are some big words my friend... you really need to do your homework...

this reminds me of the debate we had back when i was in the DSM world... basically the non-turbo DSM fighting with the turbo-ed, AWD DSMs........... cmon now, first of all, like i mention HERE if you want to turbo a N/A car, you need to know what you're doing and its not "cheap and easy".. if you want to do it right and "smoke the evo" like i read above, in the turbo system, monitoring system, tuning system and engine internals you are going to spend EASY 8-10 grands... and if you REALLY want to "smoke" it, you HAVE to do the AWD swap.. that will run for an extra 4 grand itself... if not, the evo will be 7 cars ahead of you, just in the launch... yes, give it time, im sure people will say that and have faith on our cars, but comparing it to an evo and deciding what you want, its answered already... if you want speed, performance and reliability "out of the box" the evo is the way to go... now with that, comes the high insurance, and speeding tickets lol... if you want a mild car, that is OK in speed and decent in driving then stay with your current lancer, and mod it... now, not because X company made a mod exclusively for our cars means that, thats the best thig for our car and its gonna make it a beast... the companies job is to do research, development and spend days and nights doing their homework do come of with stuff... most of the time, when the mods are in development, the "test car" is stock, or has some other mods.. and most of the time, your car is not stock, or you dont have the mods that the test car had at the moment of development... then comes the fact that every car react differently to the mods... without mentioning the people that buy the mods, and use them incorrectly, their engine blows and blame the company for a "shitty product"
    what im trying to say here that modding is a box full of surprises, you can be the lucky guy that all the mods went fast, easy and perfect (less than 1%) or you can be like any other car enthusiast that goes through hell (mentally and economically) to try to push your engine to the limit...

or you can just get an evo :p

remember, the mitsubishi engineers are not morons, they know what they're doing and, believe it or not, stock is how you are going to get "the most" of your car... i know that most of you are going to disagree with this, but thats my experience of 4 years with DSMs which are known as the most un-reliable car on the earth (including the older 4g63 evo)

sorry for the rant :lol: hope this helped a lil :roll:

10. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

IMO AWD sucks off the line.. front wheel drive is where its at. The lancer is and will be faster than a stock evo x if you have mods done to it.. but then again you get some rich kid with daddys visa card that throws 10K into an evo thats when your gonna have probs.. when my lancer is complete I will walk on evos. like i said it all comes down to how much money u wanna drop in your ride.. id say get a lancer and turbo it.. is you want something unique.. if u just want a daily drive and you got an extra 20K laying around get the evo X.

BIgSteve

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

your drive is admirable, and im not the one to kill your hopes...

i am talking out of sense and experience... ive witness myself MANY (100+) launches of AWD vs FWD and AWD takes it by much.... take a 600whp+ car and actually launch it AWD and FWD and you tell me...

and as for the 4b11 beating the evo at any given time... i really have to see it to believe it....

good luck on your quest :)

12. Prototype00

Prototype00 Member

hmm doesnt the both lancer and lancer evo have the same 4b11 engine?

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

The evo x engine is an MB11... and its expecting to be at 320chp.. no were near were the 4b11 would be without at least internals and a huge turbo...

14. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

haha, fwd is the worst off the line due to physics, nothing will change that, weight transfer removes traction from the front wheels. Sounds like you have never raced an evo, or you thought you were racing when they were probably picking up groceries lol. You can rev and evo or Sti to 3500, drop the clutch and slingshot across and intersection before you even move 5 feet.

15. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

Ummm the Evo engine is the 4b11, the MB11 was the old engine code for the new engine, the only real major differences between the two is a stronger crank, lower CR pistons, forged rods(ours could be forged as well just like in the 4g64 which was VERY similar to the 4g63) of course turbo, and oil squirters which is no real biggie anyway, and possibly reinforced alluminum.

16. Texas Aggie

I read somewhere that the Evo X GSR was going to sell for only $32,000...

17. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

"thats it?"

do you have any real idea of how much money you have to invest to upgrade to those internals? hehe, we are talking about good cash, thats without counting the labor, which is another bill........ and to that add all the rest of the stuff that i mentioned a few posts above and add it up.....

idk if you have that $ go for it, but still why, spend so much $ in a car that you can buy it already like that for prolly the same price, or cheaper? and it already comes with the warranty!!! :roll:

18. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

i love mitsu and stuff i owned 3 mitsu but i would not pay 43k for the evo X MR fully loaded i rather save a little more till 50k for the 08 m3 :D

19. Texas Aggie

is the MR really going for $43K or is that just hearsay?

20. topher

topher Well-Known Member

AWD

Well rumor has it that the ralliart will be about 25-26k which is about what a turbo would cost you installed, not completely but kinda on ur GTS or w/e not to mention u get the AWD so if you have snow or dirt roads or alot of rain, its gunna help u stay on the road and be safe, with ur daughter! so an extra 5k up from the GTS with AWD and a turbo, u cant go wrong!!!!!