Performance Mods--Suggestions??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Anthony, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Which is RRMs policy. You will never find a Dyno on their website. Most of their numbers come from independant dynos from customers. Like me, I was the first in the nation with the piggy-back and I installed and dynoed it for Rock. I then posted the results. Rock and Brian (RRM) obviously do their own dynos for tuning but never post those sheets.

2. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

His stock pull of 140.87 was almost right on with my math. My estimate with a 15% drivetrain lost was 142.8. His drivetrain lost was roughly 16.5%.

I guess he showed "ok" gains. It was only a 7.45 whp gain and a 8.18 wtq gain. Most of that was probably all in the exhaust. Now you slap Works "unproven" ecu on it and you might see an additional 12-15 hp. Which would be right at 160 whp. I think a safer guess on the Injen CAI is more like 5 hp as well with the RRM header. So that should put you at about 170.... maybe. It all depends on if the mods play nice with each other. I thinke it was Jake who had the older gen lancer and had about $8k in mods and only showed like a +12 hp gain.

4. BaD2RaSS

BaD2RaSS Well-Known Member

also remember the higher the horsepower the more you lose in the drivetrain because its a percentage. :(