Official McCain or Obama

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Nov 3, 2008.

Vote for the next President!

1. McCain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Obama

45.2%
  3. Undecided

54.8%
  4. Not Voting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I am... you probably got my old one...

jasondnaelite

2. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

obama wins :)

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

Well first of all i am not racist.

I have conducted a survey around my neighborhood which is made from about 60% blacks and 40% whites. I went around and asked various 60 people who voted for obama and who voted for mccain. Well not to my surprise my results are as follow:

I did this to see if this is actually true:

1 black person out of 60 voted for mccain, because mccain spoke to his issues strongly

59 black people voted for obama

about 35 people could not tell me why they voted for obama, 4 random people told me from that group that. " Well i am black, he is black, i vote black"

its sad that people are voting for him, just because of his skin color. I would have voted for obama if he had stronger issues that spoke more toward my direction, and i am white.

Then from group of 25 white people

15 voted for obama
    10 voted for mccain

Oh well, we will see how this will all turnout.

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Anything is better than Bushomics.....

5. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Except Obamomics.

6. SeRious08

You don't know that. It takes at least 4 years to feel the effects of ones "changes". Thats why the first 4 years of Bush's term he was riding on the economical success of Clintons term. These last 4 are all Bush's.

7. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Obama woot woot!!

8. RedGalant2k1

And Clinton rode the success from Reagan.

9. jacob1bc

And Clinton rode the success from Reagan.[/quote]

i could be wrong but wasn't Bush Sr. in the middle there. i think it went regan, bush sr., clinton, bush jr., and now obama.

10. RedGalant2k1

i could be wrong but wasn't Bush Sr. in the middle there. i think it went regan, bush sr., clinton, bush jr., and now obama.[/quote]

Yes, Bush Sr is in there, but he never really did much economically. His presidency was pretty weak considering he had to fight against a democratic congress during his term. Unlike Obama will have to face.

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I cant understand this country... Mayority chose Obama, Obama won. Democracy is something that a lof of countries dont have.. we get the right to choose, and we bitch about it.... you all should thank God that we arent dictated. That would be a LOT worst that any of the reasons you all are bitching about.. Obama won, ok done.. its like a 1/4 mile race... after the race stfu and accept defeat. At the end all polititians are the same... obama won or mccain won, at the end its all BS and it all happens again in 2012...

BTW, have you guys ever heard about December 21 2012? I have a LOT more research time spent on that, and its WAY more interesting that this huge circus people call politics ;)

Just go on google and write: December 21 2012 :D

12. jacob1bc

13. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Damn so we only got about three more years left? :lol: well I guess I had better start living life...

14. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I believe is the end of the Mayan calendar.

15. RedGalant2k1

To comment on your first part? We (like all the people who chastise Bush) are well within our right to do the same to Obama.

As for the Mayan prediction? Yea, I've seen it. Interesting stuff.

16. SeRious08

Reagan's Economic plan is what ultimately put us in this trillion dollar debt in the first place. He authorized a $100 billion project, better known as the Star Wars Project, that never worked. It was a scare tactic on the Russians. All we needed to do was drop one bomb and the Russians would have ran.

17. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Drop one bomb and they run... I hope that is sarcastic. One is dropped, there will always be more to follow. The only reason there wasn't any following Hirosima is because of the technology burdens. That is not the case any longer.

There are many different opinions on what caused our debt and what will get us out, however there is no fact. The only thing that can get us out of national debt is obvious, stop spending more than we make. Things will go back to the way they were when you wanted to buy a house/car, you had the money for it NOW.

18. RedGalant2k1

Just look up the Community Reinvestment Act. It was enacted under Jimmy Carter, and expanded by Clinton in 1996.

19. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

The CRA is crap! My opinion is this, as a country we need a way to cut spending and increase profit. It is that simple, and yet that hard. Whether Rep or Dem are in office that should be the main goal. Coming up with a viable plan for this is the hard part. When it comes to my own personal debt, I know that before I can spend more money, or let someone borrow my money in hopes that they will return it, I need to have money to begin with. If I don't what am I doing? That's right, I'm digging and digging and the farther down I get the harder it is to get out.
    Simple economics, don't spend money you don't have!

20. RedGalant2k1

The problem is the CRA FORCED banks to issue subprime loans. There are lawfirms (one that Obama worked for) that sued banks for not issues reckless loans.